Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 07:34 PM

Happy Father’s Day! Mum.

‘Happy Father’s Day! Mum’ were the words my eldest grandson who is 24, wished his mother today.
Through no fault of his own, he has never known his father because his father disappeared after promising my daughter he would stay with her. The man is now married and has had two other children since. l wonder if he gives a thought for my grandson, on this very special day?

This made me think of other children who have been brought up, solely by their mother. Maybe, their father has passed away, gone due to divorce, or has been absent for all of their lives.

I’d imagine a lot of other children might have said those words to their mother today. Would you agree?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 07:42 PM

Re: Happy Father’s Day! Mum.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
‘Happy Father’s Day! Mum’ were the words my eldest grandson who is 24, wished his mother today.
Through no fault of his own, he has never known his father because his father disappeared after promising my daughter he would stay with her. The man is now married and has had two other children since. l wonder if he gives a thought for my grandson, on this very special day?

This made me think of other children who have been brought up, solely by their mother. Maybe, their father has passed away, gone due to divorce, or has been absent for all of their lives.

I’d imagine a lot of other children might have said those words to their mother today. Would you agree?
Yes, there are many single mothers who take the role of both Mum and Dad. My friends Daughter had a baby 6 weeks ago and she announced on facebook this morning "Happy Daddys Day to this Mummy who is Mummy and Daddy rolled into one" she's a single parent and doing a great job already.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

My son didn't,his father has been absent,..i don't even think my son,even knows the date of Father's Day.

I don't think Father's Day is a popular these days,..do you?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Yes, there are many single mothers who take the role of both Mum and Dad. My friends Daughter had a baby 6 weeks ago and she announced on facebook this morning "Happy Daddys Day to this Mummy who is Mummy and Daddy rolled into one" she's a single parent and doing a great job already.
LQ, l wish your friend’s daughter well. It must be a hard task especially if Mum is working too.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-06-2019, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
My son didn't,his father has been absent,..i don't even think my son,even knows the date of Father's Day.

I don't think Father's Day is a popular these days,..do you?
Pauline, Father’s Day is very important to my children as they love their dad so much.

It’s just today, made realise how many sole mothers there must be, that are both Mum and Dad.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 10:59 PM

I don't remember there being a Father's Day or a Mother's Day when I was a child. Both are american inventions I believe.

There used to be 'Mothering Sunday' celebrated on the 4th Sunday in Lent since way back in the 16th century. We went to church and bought Mother a bunch of flowers - usually daffys - from a stall outside.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top