Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 11:41 PM

Re: Talking

Sometimes, I might think out loud, then l feel foolish and tell myself off, for talking to myself!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 04:56 AM

I sometimes talk to myself when I need to remember something important to do in a few moments time, like a memory jogger. If I talk out loud I am more likely to remember it.

Going to the lengths of having conversations and arguments with yourself is verging on the psychopathic though.

Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 07:28 AM

I once had a friend who was a few years older than me..... she was over 50.... and when she was doing things, she would mutter to herself. I used to pull her leg about it.

Blow me, when I turned 50, I found myself starting to talk out loud. Things that normally I'd just say to myself in my head.

No idea why, but I reckon something must start changing in your brain as you get older.

Maybe it's a type of regression. After all, when you're an infant and you are learning to talk and communicate, everything is said out loud, then as you grow up, more of what you think is said in your head.

Maybe it really is the start of a second childhood?

Should I or ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I once had a friend who was a few years older than me..... she was over 50.... and when she was doing things, she would mutter to herself. I used to pull her leg about it.

Blow me, when I turned 50, I found myself starting to talk out loud. Things that normally I'd just say to myself in my head.

No idea why, but I reckon something must start changing in your brain as you get older.

Maybe it's a type of regression. After all, when you're an infant and you are learning to talk and communicate, everything is said out loud, then as you grow up, more of what you think is said in your head.

Maybe it really is the start of a second childhood?

Should I or ?
Now that is an interesting thought, Pyxell, I wonder if there is any research on that?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

Ive just said good night to myself!.
Well, I do that too my Son, but he isn't always home yet.

I take after my Paternal Grandma, she talked to herself all the time, even when there were people around her house. I asked my Mum once why she did it, she said because she needs to work out what she has to do next re-cooking for the family. Gran was a lovely lady & would pass my Brother & I half a crown every time we visited, that was a fortune to us.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I sometimes talk to myself when I need to remember something important to do in a few moments time, like a memory jogger. If I talk out loud I am more likely to remember it.

Going to the lengths of having conversations and arguments with yourself is verging on the psychopathic though.

My precious, I want it!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 03:01 PM

Sometimes it's the only way to have a:

- decent conversation.
- talk with someone who agrees with you.

Perhaps I really should get another dog.
People don't mind you talking to yourself when there's a dog in the room. As the excuse, like.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Sometimes it's the only way to have a:

- decent conversation.
- talk with someone who agrees with you.

Perhaps I really should get another dog.
People don't mind you talking to yourself when there's a dog in the room.
As the excuse, like.

Pyxell - I've got 5! It's buy one get one free for this week only.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 03:26 PM

I don't really talk to myself but I have long conversations with Chloe She will bark if she sees anyone outside so I call her too me and say 'Who's there tell me about it' and she gives a long growl that goes on for ages . She does the same if she wants to go for a walk or have her meal.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 03:33 PM

Well,I have just eaten a meal,prepared and cooked by myself,

It was delicious,...so I complimented myself!...

I also talk to my two dogs,we have our own way of communicating,all three of us understand each other.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top