Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 12:12 PM

Re: Why the EU call us Treasure Island

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Oh I agree but I don't think that's going to happen.

We have to leave in order to create trade agreements anyway.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No wonder the EU don't want the UK to leave...
https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_may_t...d_for_the_eu27
Strange, if you buy a car, do you begrudge the dealer the profit he makes on his sale to you?

The profits you show are not made by the EU organisation in brussels, but by thousands of companies in the EU and the UK. That the net result is positive for 27 countries doesn't mean that companies in the UK didn't make profits from their sales to the 27. Are you really such simpletons?

What it does show is how immensely interwoven and interdependent you are with the EU. And then you really think a no deal brexit isn't gonna hurt immensely?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Strange, if you buy a car, do you begrudge the dealer the profit he makes on his sale to you?

The profits you show are not made by the EU organisation in brussels, but by thousands of companies in the EU and the UK. That the net result is positive for 27 countries doesn't mean that companies in the UK didn't make profits from their sales to the 27. Are you really such simpletons?

What it does show is how immensely interwoven and interdependent you are with the EU. And then you really think a no deal brexit isn't gonna hurt immensely?
I don't think anybody, who voted leave, expected it to be easy, but most of us didn't like the way the EU was going!
What I do know though, is that nobody is likely to change their minds because our leaving seems to upset one resident of The Netherlands..... so as it seems to be the only topic you post on, why do you bother?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 01:42 PM

If you can get a better deal at another garage then yes, I would begrudge it.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If you can get a better deal at another garage then yes, I would begrudge it.
Very good! That is also in essence why you want to leave the EU. Just remember that after brexit your own government will put tarifs on the goods imported from abroad. These tarifs make the goods more expensive for the consumers, i.e. british people. In fact after brexit you as a people are going to pay your government more. Some call that taxes. You of course are one of the few persons who like to pay more and more tax.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 02:36 PM

Very good! That is also in essence why you want to leave the EU. Just remember that after brexit your own government will put tarifs on the goods imported from abroad. These tarifs make the goods more expensive for the consumers, i.e. british people. In fact after brexit you as a people are going to pay your government more. Some call that taxes. You of course are one of the few persons who like to pay more and more tax.
You have no idea what will happen after we Leave.

We could put zero tariffs on imports especially those that aren't competing with UK producers therefore much cheaper goods.
In fact I would only put tariffs on wooden clogs, tulips and Edam cheese......that would be it!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

19-05-2019, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
What I do know though, is that nobody is likely to change their minds because our leaving seems to upset one resident of The Netherlands..... so as it seems to be the only topic you post on, why do you bother?
Two things you should keep in mind. I'm not born in europe, so I feel some distance from all that goes on under the banner of nationalism.
Trained as a scientist I tend to base my opinion on facts and logic.

Brexit has all to do with nationalism and barely anything with facts and nothing with logic. That fascinates me.

I agree with you that nothing argued by me (or anyone else for that matter) will change brexiters. As a social process that fascinates me. You find it more often in history. Notably in many germans after ww2, in denying they knew about jew transports. Nothing could convince them they must have been aware of the facts and have known what went on.
A very similar process is at work in brexiters. And before you all go loose on being compared with germans, take a step back and try to look at it in a detached way.

So to answer your question. This is a obviously leave favouring forum, with no room for a debate with those with another opinion. Even the moderator takes sides. So no better place than here to study that process of ilogic and intolerance.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

19-05-2019, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
We could put zero tariffs on imports especially those that aren't competing with UK producers therefore much cheaper goods.
Remember wto-rules?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We should just leave with no strings attached.
Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Oh I agree but I don't think that's going to happen.
Why not? If most of us want to leave, and we are still living in a democracy, then why not?

We still have the right to vote for our representatives in Parliament. If enough people feel strongly enough about Brexit, then they should vote for the Brexit Party in May 2022 (or even earlier).

The only way that might not happen is if one of three things happen:

1. People have forgotten about what is happening right now.

2. People can't be bothered.

3. People are afraid of voting for something other than the same old political parties.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Why not? If most of us want to leave, and we are still living in a democracy, then why not?

I would like it to happen and hope it does. It should have by now, but I fear our Dear Leaders are conspiring to prevent it.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top