Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2013, 05:49 PM

Re: Old cars - new cars..

Newer cars - cant tell one from the other - knew 'all' the cars back then... my 'dream' car would have been the Mercedes sports...WOW..
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2013, 08:27 PM

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...Q9QEwBA&dur=47

If you like chrome Pats this one surely had a lot of chrome to clean. We had a Dodge Diplomat Countryman Stationwagon very much like this one, except it had wood effect panelling - hence the "countryman" Back in the 1980s we lived in Canada and it took us all over Alberta. It was a lovely/ugly (if you know what I mean) car with a bronze exerior, wood trim and a beautiful camel coloured velour interior. Small cars were almost unheard of in the 1980s over there and this was advertised as a mid-compact. Mind you considering the miles folks clocked up a small car would not last very long at all.
fitou143
Essex
fitou143 is male  fitou143 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 12:36 AM

I have a classic car restoration garage very near to me and when they have open mornings you can take a look around, the garage areas are immaculate like a hospital surgery. This photo I took is of an Aston Martin DB5, it was sold at Bonham's car auction in 2010 I believe it was for £285,000

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5421462...n/photostream/
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 12:48 AM

I liked my Holden Kingswoods, a HK and and HJ, very agricultural 3.3 litre straight six engines, three gears, bench seats but would go just about anywhere. Now I have a Mitsubishi Colt tiny 1.5ltr engine does 6.4 ltr/100km (44mpg ) no gears, I take it most places though it suffers on dirt roads but it is cheap, cheerful and comfortable.

Not very nostalgic about cars, was annoyed my old man wouldn't let me have the Ford Consul when I was a teenager and I enjoyed a lot of fun in my Morris minor van (like most British cars underpowered) but otherwise good riddance to them, just old cars.
Jubilee2
Green Countryside
Jubilee2 is female 

01-03-2013, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by fitou143 ->
I have a classic car restoration garage very near to me and when they have open mornings you can take a look around, the garage areas are immaculate like a hospital surgery. This photo I took is of an Aston Martin DB5, it was sold at Bonham's car auction in 2010 I believe it was for £285,000

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5421462...n/photostream/
WOW how interesting , classic car restoration that must be a talking point in any area .
I love them But I can only drive them and check the Oil lol
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote Jubilee2:

Cor, thats technical I salute you

Willow
UK
Willow is female 

01-03-2013, 04:02 PM

My Dad always went in for large cars, which was a bit daft on a small island, but he loved them. He let us drive them around our property from the age of 12. I made the mistake of taking my driving test at 17 on one of them. The poor driving instructor must have been quaking in his shoes at the sight of little me behind the wheel. I did ok, but he told me to come back in 6 months and he would pass me. I borrowed my aunt's mini the second time around, and he immediately passed me, I don't think I did more than drive him around the block on that occasion.

We have had many different cars of all sizes since we married in 1969, one each as soon as we were able to afford it. My very favourite is the Honda Jazz of which I have had seven. Our kids like them too, especially as their old Mum passes them down to them, for free, as she as she gets another!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 04:47 PM

Sorry how do I delete my last message?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Sorry how do I delete my last message?
I hope you haven't written your last message yet.
Jubilee2
Green Countryside
Jubilee2 is female 

02-03-2013, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Myth and Magic ->
Quote Jubilee2:

Cor, thats technical I salute you

Is It ?? Ha Ha ...I'm sticking to that ... I pay for the rest much too complicated IMHO

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top