Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 07:42 PM

Re: Cars parked on pavements

Cars parking on pavements are one of my pet hates.

The times I have struggled up the path with my young grandaughters in a double buggy only to have to go on the road to get passed and back up on the path to continue home is into 100s I kid you not.

I have reported it and they do nothing, what can they do really unless they stake out the road so it goes on and on and so could I but I wont
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 08:59 PM

I bought a mobility scooter so that I could walk the dog further but cannot use it as during the week all the pavements around the area are blocked by cars parking on the pavements. It's absolutely hopeless.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 07:24 PM

Few years back I was knocked of my motorbike by a car , a member of the public picked up the bike and parked it up on the kerb side , I went to hospital and had a air line fracture , my son inlaw that night went to pick the bike up and I had recieved a parking ticket , i aapealed to the council parking telling I was invovle in a accident , thereply I got I shouldn't of park on a double yellows , I had a battle with them for months ,
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 09:57 PM

sorry Markey but I had to chuckle at your post......it never rains but it pours .....hope you won your appeal.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
sorry Markey but I had to chuckle at your post......it never rains but it pours .....hope you won your appeal.

I won the appeal after many months , first they just kept putting the money up from £60 to £390 , I refused blankly to pay , got islington gazzett involve and local mp, then they dropped the charges

Many years ago we had a emergency in Brent tobay road , Gale blown a tree down across a car and blocking the road , the police were waiting for us and they had blocked off both ends of the road , Always this day as I was reversed down to the tree, a traffic warden walk passed and said to us you can't park here , mate pointed out the tree on the car , the traffic warden wasn't having none off it , started to give us a parking ticket , we would of handed the ticket straight back to the council , but we all got pissed off with the traffic warden for him to be do thick , the police basically told him to f off , just no need to be do arkward ,
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 01:09 PM

Were the Cops from the "Special Branch".
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Were the Cops from the "Special Branch".

Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Mups, Spitties reply was funny, but your emoticon had me in stitches
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 10:31 PM

Yes Myra, that was very amusing.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2015, 11:10 PM

In the older part of our Town the parking's fine here, but in the newer housing schemes the roads are a lot narrower. If the roads were built wider in the first place then these problems would not exist. Don't understand why new roads are made like this, doesn't make sense to me.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top