Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 11:05 AM

Re: 2 Ingredients only - Chocolate Mousse - Divine!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
ME!!

Normally I cannot wait to try the recipes you put up, Shropshiregirl, but will give this one a miss.
Aaah! Never mind ST. Not everybody likes Chocolate. In fact, many of us go off it as we get older, but sometimes, just sometimes, I see something like this recipe, watch the video, and start drooling, knowing I just have to make it so I can at least lick the spoon after I finish spooning the mixture into the cream (dieting).
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Still 2 ingredients but i am too lazy when it comes to food preparation. Hence why with this kind of desert I buy Angel Delight packets, mixing bowl, milk, whisk, sorted..yummy
LOL, Just read your post Dodge. See my post 19. great minds think alike.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

07-02-2020, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Sounds fantastic. I'll have to give it a go, soon. It looks simpler then my version with whipped egg whites and whipped cream. Yum
And I bet it tastes more than divine bakerman. Unfortunately, ever since Edwina Curry and her Salmonella episode, with all the dire warnings issued at the time, I've become rather immune to adding egg white to any uncooked desserts. I only use it if I am then going to follow up by putting any added egg white dessert into the oven to cook or bake.

It's just me, honestly, getting more paranoid as I age!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

07-02-2020, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Would go down well with banana pancakes. Also 2 ingredients - banana and egg!
Now that sounds really nice Anne, HWMO eats a banana every day, usually with cereal, but banana pancakes sound yum. Do you mash up the banana or just slice them? do you warm them or dish up cold?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

07-02-2020, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Don't tempt me SG I am doing so well with my healthy lifestyle diet ..
Now where are my nuts
Far be it for me to tempt you Meg! I'm into my second week of my diet so I know how you feel when temptation put before you. We need to have willpower of steel! This morning I have had a small dish of pureed apples with a teaspoon of Candarel Sugar added, and a slice of wholemeal toast with scraped on Ghee Butter. But Lordee, every time I open the fridge door I have two full blocks of KerryGold butter going "Coohee, have you forgotten us?!!"

Life's hard but at least I know I will fit into my Spring wardrobe so will be worth it in the end.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Now that sounds really nice Anne, HWMO eats a banana every day, usually with cereal, but banana pancakes sound yum. Do you mash up the banana or just slice them? do you warm them or dish up cold?
Hi SG yes you mash them and whisk them into beaten eggs. Then treat them as normal pancake batter, albeit a little less elastic.

It's a bit of knack to getting them right but they are great if you have run out of flour and milk. The starch in the banana substitutes the flour. Here is one recipe :

https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes...anana-pancakes
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

09-02-2020, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Hi SG yes you mash them and whisk them into beaten eggs. Then treat them as normal pancake batter, albeit a little less elastic.

It's a bit of knack to getting them right but they are great if you have run out of flour and milk. The starch in the banana substitutes the flour. Here is one recipe :

https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes...anana-pancakes
Thanks AnnieS, I will give those a go, sounds delicious, would go well with whipped cream or ice-cream.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top