Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 01:18 PM

Is BBC4 Going To Be Axed?

I know there’s been some talk about it, instead they intend, reinstating and improving BBC3.
All the best series like Spiral are shown on BBC4.

I hope it’s just a rumour as l would really miss BBC4
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 01:20 PM

Re: Is BBC4 Going To Be Axed?

First I've heard of it, but I hope it's not true. I enjoy a lot of the programmes on BBC4, very interesting especially the History ones.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
First I've heard of it, but I hope it's not true. I enjoy a lot of the programmes on BBC4, very interesting especially the History ones.
Roxy, l read about it lately and l just hope they are only rumours.

I also read, it be online only.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 01:26 PM

There's the rumour going round about axing Beeb 4 and putting more funding into Beeb 3. Personally, I think they should scrap Beeb one and put all of its attendant rubbish onto Beeb 3 so that it's internet only.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

20-05-2020, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
There's the rumour going round about axing Beeb 4 and putting more funding into Beeb 3. Personally, I think they should scrap Beeb one and put all of its attendant rubbish onto Beeb 3 so that it's internet only.

Judd, l don’t understand why, as a lot of people tune into BBC4 as it’s a quality channel.
They show some excellent programmes but l suppose they want to attract younger people?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Judd, l don’t understand why, as a lot of people tune into BBC4 as it’s a quality channel.
They show some excellent programmes but l suppose they want to attract younger people?
Yup. That's the essence of it - appeal to the snowflake generation
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 01:38 PM

BBC Three could return as an on-air channel

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52719883

The BBC is considering the case for bringing back BBC Three as a regular TV channel, four years after it was taken off air and moved online.

The youth channel, which commissioned hits like Normal People and Fleabag, will also have its budget doubled.

It left linear TV in 2016 to save £30m, and because the corporation said young people were watching more shows online.

The BBC now says it is "considering the case" for returning the channel to "linear television".

A BBC spokesman said "we'd be wrong not to back a service that is doing better than anyone could have ever conceived".

The turnaround will be formally announced as part of the BBC's annual plan on Wednesday, but there was no news about the fate of BBC Four, which has been rumoured for the axe.

The corporation warned that putting BBC Three back on TV will mean reductions in other areas, especially as the BBC's income has been reduced by £125 million during the coronavirus outbreak.

But it says those decisions won't be made until the autumn when there is a clearer picture of the BBC's finances.

However, the BBC did say it had no plans to close BBC Four at the moment.
I'm not bothered - on-air/offline - as long as the programs I want are on iPlayer then I can select my catch-up platform .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 01:43 PM

BBC4 is largely unbiased, they are not constantly banging on about muslims like their other channels. Therefore, it has to go. We can't have anything appealing to white British folk now can we.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
So do we. In my opinion BBC4 has taken over from what BBC2 used to have in its line up. Well made, educational programming.

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Yup. That's the essence of it - appeal to the snowflake generation
BBC3 was intended for the yoof and flakes but it never got the audience as a terrestrial channel. That's why it went digital only. If you want to see some of the rubbish it puts out watch late night BBC1.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 03:57 PM

The beeb could easily use one of their Red Button channels for the soon to be expanded BBC III and still keep the much appreciated BBC IV for those who cannot abide all the regular detritus imposed on the viewer via BBC I.

BBC IV are rerunning Bob Ross' painting series and it was his influence that got me speed painting (wet-on-wet) with a variety of brushes.

https://www.bobross.com/Default.asp

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top