Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 05:16 PM

Re: Recent birds and butterflies

Fabulous photos Gasman!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 06:01 PM

Beautiful photographs Gasman they are so clear ....

I am currently watching the Bluetits who are feeding babies in the nestbox in my garden. They tirelessly go backwards and forwards feeding them from dawn till dusk.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Fabulous photos Gasman!
Thank you TessA
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Beautiful photographs Gasman they are so clear ....

I am currently watching the Bluetits who are feeding babies in the nestbox in my garden. They tirelessly go backwards and forwards feeding them from dawn till dusk.
Thank you Meg Excellent news about your Blue Tits and I wish that they would nest in our garden. Any chance of a photo of yours?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Wonderful photos again Gasman, they are so clear and show every bit of detail!

May I second Mag's comment too.

Gasman, I also particularly like the way you take the trouble to label each type of bird and butterfly too. We learn that way.

Sometimes when the pictures in people's albums go round, there are some lovely places showing, but I haven't a clue where they are in the world, because so few people label their pics. Same happens with garden flowers and plants, so well done you for making the effort to find out what they are.
gasman
Kent, UK

24-05-2020, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
May I second Mag's comment too.

Gasman, I also particularly like the way you take the trouble to label each type of bird and butterfly too. We learn that way.

Sometimes when the pictures in people's albums go round, there are some lovely places showing, but I haven't a clue where they are in the world, because so few people label their pics. Same happens with garden flowers and plants, so well done you for making the effort to find out what they are.
Thank you my lovely I always try, where possible, to name each bird/butterfly. In my mind, it always helps to do this so that others might learn (I am still learning too) and could identify them when they are out and about. At these troubled times, it is always nice to interact with nature - it has such a calming effect. Whether that be a windowsill flowerpot, a garden or local countryside, it matters not. What does matter is that you can engage with our lovely surroundings and embrace all that it has to offer.
Blimey, sorry Mups, I sounded like a tree hugger However, it has been proven(somewhere) that engaging with nature helps your mental stability. I am fortunate enough to live close to many nature reserves and my passion is for wildlife and showing people, in my photography, what is out there to be seen. I am nowhere near being a great photographer, however, I enjoy encouraging people to get out there - go find it. It might be the humble bee, wasp, fly, plants, flowers, trees - the list is not exhaustive. We need to protect nature - without it, we can't survive, simple.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 07:09 AM

Such skilful shooting.

Also ... such patience, you must have gasman.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Thank you my lovely I always try, where possible, to name each bird/butterfly. In my mind, it always helps to do this so that others might learn (I am still learning too) and could identify them when they are out and about. At these troubled times, it is always nice to interact with nature - it has such a calming effect. Whether that be a windowsill flowerpot, a garden or local countryside, it matters not. What does matter is that you can engage with our lovely surroundings and embrace all that it has to offer.
Blimey, sorry Mups, I sounded like a tree hugger However, it has been proven(somewhere) that engaging with nature helps your mental stability. I am fortunate enough to live close to many nature reserves and my passion is for wildlife and showing people, in my photography, what is out there to be seen. I am nowhere near being a great photographer, however, I enjoy encouraging people to get out there - go find it. It might be the humble bee, wasp, fly, plants, flowers, trees - the list is not exhaustive. We need to protect nature - without it, we can't survive, simple.

I agree with all you've said.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top