Join for free
View Poll Results: Would you vote to stay or go?
STAY IN THE EU 34 27.87%
LEAVE THE EU 88 72.13%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Page 81 of 131 « First < 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 > Last »
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 09:18 AM

Re: EU...IN or OUT?

This is rubbish! Turkey won't agree to the terms set. For a start, it has already been decided, there will be no new countries joining within the next five years. Even the proposal on the table that they have already refused to sign excludes UK as a visa free destination. Which means that Turks would have a better chance of getting here, if they want to, if we were out of the EU.

If we get out and it prompts others of the richer countries to also leave, there will be no controls at all.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
If we get out and it prompts others of the richer countries to also leave, there will be no controls at all.
Strange. I know our borders are rather porous, but that's the fault of our government. I confess that I don't understand how leaving the EU would remove any of our border controls.

If our leaving prompts the richer countries to follow our example it can only be a good thing for us all, except France and Germany of course who make a big profit out of the rest of us.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Strange. I know our borders are rather porous, but that's the fault of our government. I confess that I don't understand how leaving the EU would remove any of our border controls.

If our leaving prompts the richer countries to follow our example it can only be a good thing for us all, except France and Germany of course who make a big profit out of the rest of us.
Yes it's puzzling how many things are predicted to stop dead day of the referendum, if I really believed Eu were providing so much I would be arguing to stay in but they aren't as far as I can see.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 09:25 AM

I am getting so cross about the whole thing and the silly misleading 'information' which is still being spouted like this from the TUC...
the TUC warns that Brexit would cut pay by an average of £38 a week by 2030.
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/06...e-eu-vote-out/
How can anyone possible even speculate what might happen 14 years ahead.

The whole thing has been badly managed. Because Cameron is pro staying in the EU he is not going to put forward any positive proposals for what would happen should we leave, all we get is speculation.

This is what I think should have happened .Once proposals for reform of the EU were not agreed and a referendum instigated, whatever his personal stance on the issue as PM Cameron should have taken a position of neutrality for the good of the country and put forward suggestions for measures which could be taken to try to ensure the smooth running of the country whatever decision the electorate reach.

All in all there has been too much talking nonsense and very little common sense
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am getting so cross about the whole thing and the silly misleading 'information' which is still being spouted like this from the TUC...

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/06...e-eu-vote-out/
How can anyone possible even speculate what might happen 14 years ahead.

The whole thing has been badly managed. Because Cameron is pro staying in the EU he is not going to put forward any positive proposals for what would happen should we leave, all we get is speculation.

This is what I think should have happened .Once proposals for reform of the EU were not agreed and a referendum instigated, whatever his personal stance on the issue as PM Cameron should have taken a position of neutrality for the good of the country and put forward suggestions for measures which could be taken to try to ensure the smooth running of the country whatever decision the electorate reach.

All in all there has been too much talking nonsense and very little common sense
Hear hear Meg, Cameron has been no better than a petulant child since this thing began, and is an utter disgrace of a prime minister (but then we've had a lot of those in recent times unfortunately ) .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Hear hear Meg, Cameron has been no better than a petulant child since this thing began, and is an utter disgrace of a prime minister (but then we've had a lot of those in recent times unfortunately ) .
Unfortunately Barry, they don't make politicians like they used to be and by the time our generation has left this world the younger people will see the Camerons of this world as the norm.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 09:56 AM

The pound has plunged dramatically against the dollar this morning as Brexit gains advantage. Does that tell you anything at all? Or is it still head in the sand time?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 10:00 AM

The pound has plunged dramatically against the dollar this morning as Brexit gains advantage. Does that tell you anything at all? Or is it still head in the sand time?
Looks like Corbyn has his head in the sand there has hardly been a peep from him during the whole campaign.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 10:04 AM

It tells me that corporate capitalism wants us to stay in their pet club - best reason ever to get out!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 11:03 AM

It tells me that this decision should not be just about money, it should be about Britain having the freedom to make their own choices on how their country is run.
It also makes me wonder why so many of the other EU countries want us to stay in, and makes me question what they will gain from us remaining in the EU? It does make you think how significant we are to the EU !

Page 81 of 131 « First < 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top