Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 05:54 PM

Re: Could There Really be Civil Unrest if Brexit is not Delivered?

You don't understand because it was the political class that took us in to the EU without the people's consent and it is they that have creaed the mess the UK was in in 2016.

They needed a kick up the arse and the referendum presented itself as the perfect opportunity to do that for the sense of frustration we felt at being ignored,sidelined and taken for granted both by the EU and Westminster.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
You don't understand because it was the political class that took us in to the EU without the people's consent and it is they that have creaed the mess the UK was in in 2016.

They needed a kick up the arse and the referendum presented itself as the perfect opportunity to do that for the sense of frustration we felt at being ignored,sidelined and taken for granted both by the EU and Westminster.
The EU had no control over those issues listed, they were purely in the realm of the various governments.
The EU were the ones injecting money into the most deprived areas. The Cornish people were largely unaware that the EU was putting £60M a year into Their county until it was pointed out after the Brexit vote that they would lose it

It’s surprising how much the EU did fund

I doubt that the deprived areas will see as much after we leave

https://www.myeu.uk/about/

https://www.myeu.uk/
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

5th June 1975?? They had the consent!!!
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
If Brexit is not delivered I would like to see a campaign to withhold taxes , I don't see why I should help to pay Junkers wine bill , there are plenty of things we should be spending our taxes on in this country not subsidising the EU
What utter nonsense
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Time to take your tablets again
You're going to need a lot of tablets for the 17 million that voted to exit the EU.
itsme
Wigan UK

24-02-2019, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You're going to need a lot of tablets for the 17 million that voted to exit the EU.

Much less than the 23 million who didn't vote to leave.
Unsure
UK
Unsure is male  Unsure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 07:15 PM

[QUOTE=AnnieS;1648319]WTO rules apply as a default so chaos is likely with anything that's just in time type supply, such as perishable produce. But in non perishables it's going to be the case that there is at least a few weeks supply already here. Which will give time to agree emergency T&Cs until the next batch is due. There will be price rises of perishables we are not self-sufficient in. Although many have a lead time.

Radioactive isotopes were a big issue. I think they were planning a work around for that.

The main chaos will be with services. There are no clear default rules.

The best thing would be to delay the March 29th deadline and agree a proper deal.[/QUOTE

Hmm according to Nigel Farage we can leave on WTO with no problems. Same guy who told us Turkey would join the EU and all come to the U.K.

I actually don’t care about services but I do care about medicines some of which have short shelf life and however many we have stockpiled will surely run out by the time this government agrees anything.

I also care about food because poor people cannot afford to stockpile and cannot afford price rises. This was not even discussed before the referendum.

As for “emergency T&Cs”, care to give examples? We are just not ready.

Even If we sign up with USA which will take years they will screw us just as much if not more than the EU.

I think we need another vote.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 07:25 PM

[QUOTE=Unsure;1648606]
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
WTO rules apply as a default so chaos is likely with anything that's just in time type supply, such as perishable produce. But in non perishables it's going to be the case that there is at least a few weeks supply already here. Which will give time to agree emergency T&Cs until the next batch is due. There will be price rises of perishables we are not self-sufficient in. Although many have a lead time.

Radioactive isotopes were a big issue. I think they were planning a work around for that.

The main chaos will be with services. There are no clear default rules.

The best thing would be to delay the March 29th deadline and agree a proper deal.[/QUOTE

Hmm according to Nigel Farage we can leave on WTO with no problems. Same guy who told us Turkey would join the EU and all come to the U.K.

I actually don’t care about services but I do care about medicines some of which have short shelf life and however many we have stockpiled will surely run out by the time this government agrees anything.

I also care about food because poor people cannot afford to stockpile and cannot afford price rises. This was not even discussed before the referendum.

Even If we sign up with USA which will take years they will screw us just as much if not more than the EU.

WE ARE ALL DOOMED! Take to the hills....hide your wimmenfolk! WE ARE DOOMED I TELL YOU!

To be saved from this nightmare contact me now...for a small fee I can show you how to survive the apocalypse..pm me now, have your bank details ready!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Unsure ->

Obviously whatever Nige says is gospel. I'm sure if he told the world that his farts smell of Eau de Cologne people would preach this too.

We should all care about everything. It's all part of an economy that is not and never will be self sufficient. Some here think we can eat less. Well that's just the talk of those who are not hungry yet.

I can't give examples of emergency T&Cs. There would have to be a no deal for anyone to have concrete examples. I'm sure businesses are making contingency plans for how these might work but we won't know if they work unless we do leave without a deal. This is not something that has happened before except in times of war and nobody here has lived through that as an adult.

Of course the US will have us over a barrel as will all the other countries that want to squeeze us when our back is to the wall. I can't comprehend why anyone here thinks leaving with no deal is going to a better deal than being in the EU.

I just read a headline that the negotiation period is expected to be extended by two years.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
5th June 1975?? They had the consent!!!
Wrong Again!!

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top