Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

22-05-2013, 01:11 AM

Re: Coming out the EU.

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Somalis are going outnumber blondes 60 to 1? in your dreams.
I dreampted about a tall Somalian woman last night - God she was stunning - well she stunned me! and then I awoke!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No Karen darlin' - that's total crap. Social security benefits are paid 'nationally', so it makes no difference where you live. The only thing that is paid locally is Housing Benefit, but since that is paid over to the owner of the property, there is no benefit to the claimant. Food and transport costs are far more expensive here in the South so, as I said earlier we come off far worse than those living in the North.
Ah, that must be what they meant; I've never claimed benefits so have no first-hand knowledge - only what those who claim tell me.

BIB: not really necessary to speak to me like that Uncle Joe.
mindbender
mindbender is male 

23-05-2013, 12:06 AM

he can't help it he's dyslexic!
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 04:29 PM

We have a very large Somali population in this city ..and I did say Somali type kids. there were other nationality's but it did seem easier to describe the group as Somali type .
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 09:09 PM

If you look at the birth rates of various ethnicities, this may not be quite so far-fetched - at least in some big city areas. In our small road, we have 8 Somali families. The smallest has 4 kids, the largest 8. Despite the fact that Somali adults are quite a small minority in our area, Somali children already make up almost 50% of our local primary school pupils.
mindbender
mindbender is male 

24-05-2013, 01:19 AM

you let them all come in!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2013, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
If you look at the birth rates of various ethnicities, this may not be quite so far-fetched - at least in some big city areas. In our small road, we have 8 Somali families. The smallest has 4 kids, the largest 8. Despite the fact that Somali adults are quite a small minority in our area, Somali children already make up almost 50% of our local primary school pupils.
I remember that being said in the 50s about the West Indians, they still don't outnumber white people.

Of course you get clusters of people in an area, just think what you would do if you were forced by civil war to live abroad, you would probably try to live with other English speaking people.

It doesn't even take a civil war, the area I live in was once known as 'Little England' because of all the pommies who moved here when they were recruited to work in the local steelworks as migrants in the 50s and 60s.
mindbender
mindbender is male 

24-05-2013, 07:13 AM

there was a brilliant doco done on racism once in UK must have been 20 yrs ago by a west indian social worker - born and bred in UK and he travelled around UK with a camera man - just the two of them and interviewed whites and recent european immigrants - apart from the obvious phobias of the whites there was a conception that they blacks were all around everywhere crowding them in - isn't it called xenophobia?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2013, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
apart from the obvious phobias of the whites there was a conception that they blacks were all around everywhere crowding them in - isn't it called xenophobia?
There is a huge difference between irrational phobias and rational concerns. The level of immigration into the UK over the past 15 years has been unprecedented. Apologists for unlimited immigration blithely trot out the justification that "Britain is a nation of immigrants," which is, of course, true, but never in our history has such a large number of immigrants entered the country in such a short time. In fact I read somewhere recently that more immigrants have entered the UK in the last 15 years than in the previous thousand years. My own town (in West London) now has a majority of non-UK born adults (some 60% at last census) and most of our schools have over 80% children of immigrants. The cul-de-sac where I live was 100% UK born 20 years ago. Today, of the 8 families, 3 are white English, 1 settled Romany, 1 Nigerian, 2 Pakistani and 1 Iranian.
I don't believe it is either racist or xenophobic to be a little concerned at the massive change which has been visited on our society largely by New Labour (as has been admitted by Andrew Neather and the despicable Mandleson - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...r-adviser.html and http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tons-work.html)
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2013, 09:11 AM

Just one quick question regarding these nasty white British people: when it came down to non-whites not being victimised, can anyone tell me who made that become reality? Could it have been those very nasty white British people that accepted it was wrong and ended up welcoming those that were not nasty white British people?

The same argument is sometimes used by radical feminists as a reason to 'hate' all men and yet the movement that changed everything for women needed, and got, the support of the ruling elite of that time which were the men.

It's ridiculous to state that all white British people hated any foreigner - if that was the case, Britian would be completely white British country.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top