Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

28-05-2013, 07:55 PM

The Best and Worst of the Week

For me the worst:

http://http://au.news.yahoo.com/thew...m-sewage-pipe/

the baby abandoned and rescued from a sewage pipe - God must be shaking his/her head in disbelief as I am. To bring a child into the world must be the greatest gift we have and yet some just can't see it that way and discard it like rubbish!

and the best:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rel...-1226648472618

Bishop Gene Robinson from USA kicking up a storm in OZ - I watched him on Q and A one of our popular audience participation shows. He was a delight to see in action particularly dealing with bigoted [IMO] evangelical christians. He was humbly, caring,, kindly and eloquent - a delightful man and will run seminars and no doubt bring some influence on gay issue voting in OZ
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 02:06 AM

Re: The Best and Worst of the Week

I saw that too, Mindbender and agree completely.
But how in the name of Jesus of Nazareth does that moron Fred Nile continue to attract so much support ?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2013, 01:09 PM

My favourite headline this week was on News limited web sites (unfortunately they have taken it down):

It said "Senator Feeney to try for Batman Role"
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2013, 02:35 PM

Yet another 'good' bit of news today - yet another Tory Sleaze bag has been 'caught', is resigning from the Tory party and will not stand at the next General Election. All to do with him accepting money to ask questions in the 'house'. We had all that from Mohammed Al-Fayed under John Major's premiership. In fact one of Cameron's current cabinet ministers was forced to resign as a junior minister under Major because he too was implicated in the scandal at that time.

If it goes on like this, the tories will lose their majority (even with Con-Dem support) before 2015.
mindbender
mindbender is male 

01-06-2013, 01:42 AM

the best of this week for me was listening to Bill Gates who was in OZ addressing hundreds of young students at the University of NSW - he batted everything they threw at him. Talked about his family and kids and how he didn't wanted them growing up spoiled and expecting too much money etc - admitted he hadn't mowed his lawn for ages. Found him to be a very humble, but eloquent and well-balanced man who was passionate about addressing the scourges affecting children all over the world.

very absorbing

and the worst was of course to read about the conviction of the sadist and paedophile who killed the little girl in Wales - it still sends shudders down my spine.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2013, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
the best of this week for me was listening to Bill Gates who was in OZ addressing hundreds of young students at the University of NSW - he batted everything they threw at him. Talked about his family and kids and how he didn't wanted them growing up spoiled and expecting too much money etc - admitted he hadn't mowed his lawn for ages. Found him to be a very humble, but eloquent and well-balanced man who was passionate about addressing the scourges affecting children all over the world.
I almost mentioned this too (I presume you mean the Q&A program) well worth looking at again on iView. I agree he was very impressive.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2013, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
For me the worst:

http://http://au.news.yahoo.com/thew...m-sewage-pipe/

the baby abandoned and rescued from a sewage pipe - God must be shaking his/her head in disbelief as I am. To bring a child into the world must be the greatest gift we have and yet some just can't see it that way and discard it like rubbish!

and the best:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rel...-1226648472618
The child was not discarded, the lady went to the toilet which was just a hole in the ground, and gave birth by accident, she immediately called for help and the baby was saved.
It is now fit and well and I believe back with his mother.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2013, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
The child was not discarded, the lady went to the toilet which was just a hole in the ground, and gave birth by accident, she immediately called for help and the baby was saved.
Thanks for that Arfa - the first story was so horrific, feel better now.....
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2013, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Thank you for that.

It makes more sense than the first story.

Little bit of Racism in the first report maybe??????????
mindbender
mindbender is male 

08-06-2013, 04:33 AM

the best for me this week was the long awaited monsoonal rain which arrived late this year - very much enjoyed and chilled the balcony down to decent cigar smoking conditions! and lasted for 48 hrs [no not the cigar the rain!]

the worst was yet again to watch the Syrians, Sunnis and Shiites kicking s..t out of each other men, women and children - Islam fights Islam in the name of Muhammed ? - surely not

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top