Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 09:28 AM

Re: Midlife crisis!

Well Shirley, if he starts leafing through motorbike magazines, just shoot a few withering looks his way
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 09:29 AM

I think I am safe there he does not drive and has shown no desire to learn, I have tried to push him in that direction a few times.
Will keep an eye out for him buying bike mags though
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:20 AM

I fully intended to have a mid life crisis, but when the opportunity came when I retired early in 1995, I just couldnt be bothered.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Well Shirley, if he starts leafing through motorbike magazines, just shoot a few withering looks his way
No the answer to that is buy him the leathers and get yourself a pair too, so you can enjoy it together.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No the answer to that is buy him the leathers and get yourself a pair too, so you can enjoy it together.
I have to admit, I thought of that after I'd posted - then if he's thinking of hopping on his bike and going somewhere, I'd be right behind him
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
If I could afford it, I'd have a Harley now!!!! - actually, I'd have one of these £50,000 Norwegian babies:

At 65, is that an "end life" crisis?
That looks to me more like wanting to "end your life" crisis .
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2013, 01:46 AM

At 60 yrs old in 2008, OH finally bought himself the boat of his dreams ,used of course, with a 70hp motor, aux, all the necessary gear, fishfinder, etc intending to spend all his spare time fishing, we had the caravan on a leased block right on the beach on the west coast where we'd been holidaying for years, 12 months later he was diagnosed with , multiple myeloma,, if you can afford it ,do it while you can enjoy it.
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

05-06-2013, 10:21 AM

mid-life crisis - 50 ? - naw 40 - and it's a lot of nonsense - at that time I was having a mid life spurt - enjoying life even more - kids of me hands - crisis is in the mind - get over it FGS!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
That looks to me more like wanting to "end your life" crisis .
Not at £50,000 - at that price I would drive it ridiculously carefully!
I don't actually think I've had a mid-life crisis yet - I've always been a bit of a rebel and iconoclast and, although I've slowed down physically, I still feel the same as I always have inside.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Not at £50,000 - at that price I would drive it ridiculously carefully!
I don't actually think I've had a mid-life crisis yet - I've always been a bit of a rebel and iconoclast and, although I've slowed down physically, I still feel the same as I always have inside.
I've had quite a few big bikes in my time. The roads are a lot more congested now though where I live and consequently more dangerous. I used to love the idea of just having enough money in my pocket to shoot off somewhere. Every spring for years I would have a hankering to get another bike. I also dreamt of a long tour abroad on one. Not thought about a bike for years now though. Don't think I would feel safe on it anymore. Might even lack the confidence needed to handle a bike now. In a way it is similar to my liking for fishing which I used to love. The last time I tried it I found it was too upsetting to put the worm on the hook as I felt sorry for it . Something somewhere has altered in me brain for sure.

I would have loved to own a Harley. The one in the pic looks just amazing. Personally I like a bike that can handle the full kit and still look the biz - throw over panniers etc - rugged simplicity.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top