Join for free
Dee
Hamilton, Canada
Dee is female  Dee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 06:13 AM

Last DVD...What Song Would You Use ?

What Song Would You Use For The Backdrop?

If you were to make a last dvd for family & friends, what song would you use? When my dad passed away some years ago, my brother put together a dvd of dad, some of the fun times we had with him and some fine memories of our last days spent with him. I was so touched by this dvd, and to be able to have this to keep and remember dad is to cherish. In the dvd, my brother used the song " In My Life" by the Beatles, and this song really hit home. It pretty much described how dad felt towards famly and friends, and it was as if he was speaking to us though this song. I think i would use that Nat King Cole song " Smile" as would want family and friends to remember me with love and not be sad. What song would you use if you were to prepare a last dvd for your family to remember you by? Dee
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 06:56 AM

Re: Last DVD...What Song Would You Use ?

Already told my kids what I want at my funeral

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 07:58 AM

THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9bU_1kNFcQ
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 08:10 AM

Stranger in Paradise sung by Tony Bennett..........beautiful and meaningful.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 09:52 AM

What a wonderful world, I am constantly telling my lot how lucky they are to live in such a wonderful world I think it would leave them with a smile to hear that one
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 10:54 AM

Definitely - 'Thats Life' by Frank S ... its my song ....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 11:01 AM

I'm not sure I would want a DVD, but I know what I would like to have at my funeral.

The words in these two songs seem to sum it up for me.

John Denver's - All This Joy
and
Bob Dylan's - Forever Young, sung by Joan Baez (a wish for those I leave behind)
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 11:50 AM

My youngest daughter did a video for my middle daughter's wedding, narrated by her little boy who was also "father of the bride" it was pictures of her growing up & with her groom from the time they met it had their favourite song in the back ground & they played it instead of the speech.
I'd like "Memories" from Cats and the song from Phantom, "Wishing you were somehow here again", Then "Sing a Rainbow" I used to sing my kids to sleep with that. By then they'd all be suitably sad so I'd cheer them up with something funny "Loving you has made me bananas!"
That's if the DVD's long enough!
"Somewhere over the rainbow" always makes me cry and "Honey" by Bobby Goldsborough (don't know how you spell it) There's just so many nice ones!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top