Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 01:19 PM

Cool or a Fool in a crisis?

If you found yourself in an unpleasant /risky situation what do you think your first reaction would be?
If say there was a hit and run involving the car in front and the driver didn't stop would you stop your car ,rush to give help and call an ambo etc, without thinking or at the same time as getting out of your car would you have the presence of mind to get a description of the drive-off car or a rego no.?

If the car had hit a dog and not a person would your actions differ?
If somebody jumped out of the bushes behind you would you be like 'crouching tiger'... ready to fight?
or maybe 'speedy Gonzales' .. start running
or stand there stunned like a rabbit in the headlights?

Well!, I certainly can't run so I'd probably just scream and flail me handbag around hoping for a rescue in the last case and I don't imagine I'd think about cars or rego nos. either but there again who knows? has anyone here been in a situation like these?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 01:49 PM

Re: Cool or a Fool in a crisis?

Because of the times we live in - I am very aware when out... If I see something suspicious, I make a note of the car number etc....
I'm a very aware person, maybe its all the docus I watch that make me so... I've always stood me ground tho' and never been a sucker when someones spinning a line about a product ... so, its an individual response as you say .....
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 02:00 PM

Yes that's good Pats, what I meant was if you were startled by an unexpected incident such as someone suddenly blocking your path in a threatening manner or causing an accident
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 02:05 PM

In that particular case - stand by ground - no choice gal, cant run now....
I'd try and appease the situation first then do my best to 'hurt' the git !!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 02:24 PM

About 15 years ago I was walking along the street outside a jeweller's shop and there was a man who turned out to be the shopkeeper holding a teenager by the waist. I asked what was going on and he said that the young chap had been trying to steal a ring. I also grabbed hold of the young chap and between us we bundled him back in the shop. The shopkeeper's wife locked the door and called the police while I pinned the culprit to the floor. The police quickly came and, after leaving my name and address with the shopkeeper, I went home. While all this was happening I never took my cigar out of my mouth !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 02:31 PM

I always thought of myself as not a violent person but when I had my ears syringed a year ago my hearing was suddenly crystal clear and when a co worker decided to scream and jump out at me (in fun he said) I knocked him out with my reaction, only one punch with my left hand/arm and he was down and out.

So goodness knows what I would do if I were really attacked !

Having said that when poor Mollie dog was attacked by a huge dog my reaction was scream and scream a bit more until help arrived then carry on screaming at the dog owner for a few minutes.

So who knows LOL
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 02:42 PM

I'm no crouching tiger, and I'd probably do a bit of "whistling in the dark" if someone was blocking my path. I would probably not run away (they would soon catch me) so I might say hello and then try to walk on by. If I had to I would shout a bit or grab a stick or something useful, or set off my rape alarm - and/or set the dog on him. If it came to a fight though I don't think I would stand much chance.
An accident situation would be something a bit different I think. Probably the last thing on my mind would be getting a numberplate or a description if anyone ran off after an accident. I couldn't not try to help. Even if I am horrified, I would try my best not to let it show and I am not a panicky person. My mind might be racing, but outwardly I tend to appear calm in dramatic situations. I hope I would still know what I needed to focus on first in an emergency.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 03:07 PM

Anyone who invades my space in a threatening way, will feel the rough end of my walking stick inserted in a particular orifice and will need the services of a Proctologist.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 03:36 PM

I am notoriously useless in a crisis & for that reason I spend a lot of time acting out my life by preventing any crisis from occurring.

I couldn't run anywhere so I guess if I were involved in such an event I'd "Man Up" & face the antagonist, whatever that led to.

Just as I typed this I recalled a time aged 12 when another another lad & his pals were harassing me & this went on for weeks. One day I'd had enough & knocked this boy to the ground and jumped on him. He burst into tears & they all ran off, with him going the other direction.

They all avoided me from then on& I enjoyed the notoriety.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-06-2013, 03:41 PM

Hello Robert
Good for you....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top