Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 03:53 PM

Re: Cool or a Fool in a crisis?

Bullies never like people standing up to them well done Robert hopefully made them think twice before bullying someone else.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 05:31 PM

Years ago I lived in a flat, my wasband was working away, my two kids asleep, I heard a woman screaming about someone killing her baby. I went down two floors after phoning the law, banged on the door & asked what was going on, the guy had fled & the woman & some others living there were hysterical. I checked on the little, blonde, curly haired girl of about 2, she was dead. I took the mother up to my flat & calmed her down until the police arrived. I'd never seen a dead person before and never want to again, but I would do the same now without hesitation.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 05:33 PM

God - thats awful Twiz ... never to be repeated I hope ... good gal x
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 05:36 PM

It makes me go cold just thinking about it. The story was the guy was being kept awake by the child, he was drunk & violent anyway. He was never charged, his wife etc. would not give evidence, but local people gave him a hiding, he should have gone to jail.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 05:48 PM

Good thread maggis.

Although I have trained for first aid as soon as my daughter was born (and with the kids accidents I did react very quickly), with a person who I saw get knocked off their bike, I froze and stood there like a total idiot and I've never forgiven myself for that. I think it was all the blood - I'd never seen anything like it. Not sure how I'd react now and I don't know if I'd have thought to get the car number but I will now!

I really couldn't handle seeing a dog hit by a car.

If someone was blocking my path then I'd probably turn and walk the other way to avoid confrontation but if it became necessary then I'd deal quite happily with whoever it was and just hope I didn't get battered too much!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 05:50 PM

Dont think about it now Twiz .... I feel the same - so lets think about kitties and puppies ....

TessA
Official Poinker
UK

06-06-2013, 06:01 PM

I have my good and trusted friend here at my feet! The cats are both on my bed asleep! All's right with the world!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-06-2013, 06:03 PM

Yep - they take away the stresses and strains, bless 'em ....
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 05:49 AM

I brought up the topic because an acquaintance saw a dog bounce off the car driving in front of him and was so concerned he stopped and went after the dog which had staggered away, he found it just as another bloke had come looking for the animal , don't know the outcome as owner picked up the dog and left without a word but my friend said that he couldn't even remember the colour of the drive-off car never mind a number plate and wondered if his reaction would be the same if it had been a person who was hit which of course led us to the conversation about what to do in a crisis situation, I must say that I think now I'd try and be a bit more aware of things around me

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top