Join for free
Dee
Hamilton, Canada
Dee is female  Dee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 08:30 PM

Preferences

What Is Your Preference?

Are you living a comfortable life, caged life or maybe a charged one? Have you ever said to a friend, that you have a great idea to write a book, and they’ve said you are crazy for even thinking you could. Well, like many folks im sure, this has happened to me. It took me a long time to realize that, hey, if you really put your mind to it, you can do it! So, i started spending more time with people like myself who had ideas and going to do them with the greatest of confidence. I get excited when i see other people who are living their dreams, Doesn’t matter what it is…book writing, learning how to fly, or maybe even scale the CN tower…whatever their choice, they will do this with great confidence and will power. They want and are living the “charged life” of their choice. Author Brendon Burchard’s novel tells of 3 different lifestyles people live; a comfortable lifestyle, a caged lifestyle or a changed lifestlye. The person living the charged life wonders if he is inspiring others and if he is really actualizing his potential. This book is a good read. I am living a comfortable lifestyle currently, but do wish i had the courage and still the youth to live a charged one. Heck, i might even consider bungy-jumping! Now, there is a charge! Dee
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 08:48 PM

Re: Preferences

HIi Dee, I went through that experience when I was in my 30s. After leaving school I followed in the family footsteps and became a coal miner. At the age of 34 I became very dissatisfied with my life and trained to be a teacher. I was successful and got a job as a lecturer in FE. Now, at the ripe old age of 79, I am a comfortable liver and happy with that. Each to his own !
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 09:14 PM

If I wrote a book about my life, especially my two wasbands, no one would believe it!
I started one about a menopausal woman who was actually becoming a super-hero but was mis-diagnosed by her doctor, her hot flushes/flashes were actually power surges!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 09:31 PM

I am trying to get away from a 'charged life' ,I have had enough of that and would like to be a recluse with just my dog for company but people keep making me go out and do things.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 10:03 PM

I have no urge to seek out like minded folk, not sure they exist, and I certainly don't want to live my dream, that is a scary place.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 12:50 AM

I think the most important thing is not to live a life of regret. It doesn't matter in the long run what sort of life you lead as long as it isn't one you regret and did nothing about when you could have done and you are happy with what you have done.

My 92 yr old mother is in that category - she is negative and miserable but does nothing to change it and never has. Everything has always been someone else's fault. I decided early on not to be like that and take charge of my own life.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top