mindbender is male 

07-06-2013, 02:41 AM

is this going to far?

or is this what equality is all about?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...ing-a-lesbian/
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 04:49 AM

Re: is this going to far?

Is it a scientific fact MB that being homosexual is an inborn condition ?
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

07-06-2013, 05:06 AM

NO - prove it - and less of the mumbo jumbo!
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 05:15 AM

I don't know that it is, I do however have a bi-sexual niece with 3 children to different fathers with whom she's never had a live-in relationship and all her so called 'lovers" are lesbians, i also know that there are males and females born into the wrong body who then have sex change surgery as they can't abide having 'bits' that are incompatible with the way they see themselves. I think for most it's a choice ( they're entitled to make) and that is an opinion I'll hold until someone proves otherwise
mindbender
mindbender is male 

07-06-2013, 05:20 AM

there is no biological or genetic theory that has proven it. it's a state of mind or perhaps miss state of mind?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 05:40 AM

Talking of state of mind

ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 08:19 AM

I watched the link and have no idea what it is they're trying to put across with it
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
there is no biological or genetic theory that has proven it. it's a state of mind or perhaps miss state of mind?
No water-tight theory yet but that doesn't equate to it not existing; it just hasn't been determined yet. Studies are still being carried out and this is the latest offering: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...people-are-gay

It simply isn't feasible that people would choose to live a life that was considered abhorrent by most people at one time, to never be able to openly display your love or affection for the person you adore, to have to conduct your love life in total secret, to risk being an outcast - that doesn't make sense and, generally speaking, when something doesn't make sense it usually isn't true.
mothballs
england
mothballs is female 

07-06-2013, 10:28 AM

Watched the link ... and I gather as far as 'getting any message across' ... these phrases make the objective pretty clear.

"It was launched by Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) in an attempt to build awareness and support for gays and lesbians.

The campaign website says: "Any child can be born gay. So marriage equality is every family's issue."

Having achieved same sex marriage they are now building upon that foundation and establishing their presence. It's just promotional propaganda.
I think it's properly described as .... 'in your face'.
mindbender
mindbender is male 

07-06-2013, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
No water-tight theory yet but that doesn't equate to it not existing; it just hasn't been determined yet. Studies are still being carried out and this is the latest offering: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...people-are-gay

It simply isn't feasible that people would choose to live a life that was considered abhorrent by most people at one time, to never be able to openly display your love or affection for the person you adore, to have to conduct your love life in total secret, to risk being an outcast - that doesn't make sense and, generally speaking, when something doesn't make sense it usually isn't true.
you're NOT!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top