Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

07-06-2013, 10:32 AM

Re: is this going to far?

Originally Posted by mothballs ->
Watched the link ... and I gather as far as 'getting any message across' ... these phrases make the objective pretty clear.

"It was launched by Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) in an attempt to build awareness and support for gays and lesbians.

The campaign website says: "Any child can be born gay. So marriage equality is every family's issue."

Having achieved same sex marriage they are now building upon that foundation and establishing their presence. It's just promotional propaganda.
I think it's properly described as .... 'in your face'.
I see you've come out of mothballs - well done!
mothballs
england
mothballs is female 

07-06-2013, 10:42 AM

I'm a sucker for punishment
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 10:49 AM

Hi Moth - thats the one thing on the gay issue that really gets my goat - 'in yer face' - I wish they would go about their business with 'dignity' ...
mothballs
england
mothballs is female 

07-06-2013, 10:49 AM

Actually I've had another think about that video.

It's very subtly done in terms of trying to educate people that 1) homosexuals are born that way 2) and in a family unit it shows a man and a woman as the parents to be. Ergo: so it must be the most natural thing in the world.

Wonder if anyone will do a series of them?
A heterosexual couple been told they're having a straight baby?
A Muslim couple been told they're having a gay baby?

One flaw ... that video might suggest to some people that a baby is physically different in appearance because it is a lesbian ... and not the same as your average human. And I thought the idea behind gay rights was to stress that they are the same as everyone else.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 11:40 AM

Here we go again. Nothing sensible has come out of me watching that video. Just made me laugh. Me and my sense of humour is going to get me in hot water more often than not on this forum - I can see it coming .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 12:46 PM

No Comment.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
you're NOT!
I'm probably not because whatever the intended message was, it went straight over my head
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Here we go again. Nothing sensible has come out of me watching that video. Just made me laugh. Me and my sense of humour is going to get me in hot water more often than not on this forum - I can see it coming .
I told my husband this morning that judging by the attitude of some of our neighbours who are about my age a little light goes out when you reach 60 and your sense of humour, sense of fun and all loveable childlike qualities disappear.

MKJ like me your light has not gone out just like a small handful of OF including a lot of musicians who are still going strong.

Where did those people of the sixties go? Is this evolution?
Could be once we chose to be different now we sound like our mums and dads. I like your humour, so please don't let the light go out.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 01:02 PM

I've noticed that too Cookie, a 'light' does go out for some - thats sad, but true .... I'm still as I was, laugh a lot - the thing is - we dont all share the 'same' humour ......
Why should we - we dont share the same taste in clothes etc ...
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
I told my husband this morning that judging by the attitude of some of our neighbours who are about my age a little light goes out when you reach 60 and your sense of humour, sense of fun and all loveable childlike qualities disappear.

MKJ like me your light has not gone out just like a small handful of OF including a lot of musicians who are still going strong.

Where did those people of the sixties go? Is this evolution?
Could be once we chose to be different now we sound like our mums and dads. I like your humour, so please don't let the light go out.
Well that was unexpected .

Thanks for that and I have no intention of letting the light go out just yet. At this moment in time it is burning probably far too strongly for my own good .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top