Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 01:06 PM

Re: is this going to far?

I've noticed that your light shines as bright as ever as do some of the ladies and gents who join us on OFF, I agree that we don't all share the same sense of humour but some of my neighbours seem to have got old and lost all the humour.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
I've noticed that your light shines as bright as ever as do some of the ladies and gents who join us on OFF, I agree that we don't all share the same sense of humour but some of my neighbours seem to have got old and lost all the humour.
Yes you are right there. Life can grind you down. My next-door neighbour is as you say - lacking a sense of humour - or was. Took me aback really that instead of being amused by my little quips she was the opposite and seemed annoyed with me. Still I lowered the tone a little and she has come around. I do get a smile out of her now. A lot on her plate I think.

I mean how far do you want to go with this though? When someone lacks a sense of humour it probably means something is bothering them to stiffle it. What worked with my neighbour was to let her talk a fair bit and get stuff off her chest.

Isn't anything simple anymore ?
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 01:35 PM

No, you are quite right and nothing is simple and I know that life does wear you down. However, I think that I have got a chromosome missing and things that should wear me down don't. I have led such a full and traumatic life that I should be worn right down and see no fun in anything so I can only imagine that in some way I have learned to laugh instead of cry.

Thinking about it I do find that I don't have expectations to get excited about and I don't let things disappoint me either. My pendulum does not swing too far either way so I am usually pretty much the same all the time. Maybe I am the odd one who never grew up to take things seriously although some of my life has been pretty serious.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Thats what I said gal - I see that too - its sad to see ....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 01:38 PM

I also agree with your other point Cate - for me 'laughter is' my lifeline, not said flippantly ......I push the other stuff to the back by promoting laughter, works most times, still get my down times but strive to get back up ...
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

08-06-2013, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I also agree with your other point Cate - for me 'laughter is' my lifeline, not said flippantly ......I push the other stuff to the back by promoting laughter, works most times, still get my down times but strive to get back up ...
I've noticed this in your posts Pat. You can see all sides of the question and end up having a smile. I try not to take anything seriously, I had a hysterectomy sometime back and I made the whole ward laugh every day, the nurses said they loved coming into our ward and were sorry to see us go home as some ladies were understandably not always able to laugh.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

08-06-2013, 01:47 PM

Appreciated x

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top