Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 12:22 PM

Re: Coffee anybody?

OOOOH! Good! Just about to go out in the garden when I spotted that, thanks, garden will have to wait a bit!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 01:10 PM

I made a mistake, I have a house full, and they won't go home.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 04:09 PM

I think the one I'm after is the one that's £25 for 500g! I don't remember it being the "rich roast" one, they sold it in Tesco for about a year, not at that price though, then it disappeared, like things do when you just get to like them!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 05:04 PM

Good coffee is one of my little luxuries , it has to be ground freshly made Kenyan which is quite mild and slightly acidic.
As I live alone I make it by the mug using a plastic holder from here..
http://www.hrhiggins.co.uk/accessori..._filter_cones/
+ filter paper and ground Kenyan coffee from Waitrose or M&S.
I like it really hot so heating the mug before making the coffee is a must.
My son has a really expensive coffee machine but agrees the coffee made in my £2.50 filter tastes much better .
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 05:19 PM

I must pop along to M&S and get some, thank you Meg.
Now to find some Costa Rican coffee, which I will mix half and half.
One thing I have found out, never use boiling water it scalds the coffee.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 05:39 PM

Black coffee for us.
We have a coffee pot that stays hot but never boils the coffee, you're right arfur, boiling water on coffee, a definite no no.
Kenyan Peaberry and Douwe Egberts, prefer to grind our own but when we get to a good shop, we are happy to have it ground for us but not too fine.

A good decaff coffee is hard to find, Taylors is awful but Douwe Egberts is fine.
Bought some from Whittards direct a while ago but the postage didn't make it worth while.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 09:14 AM

My name is Mick and I'm a coffeeholic! I have about 6 big mugs of Costa Rican coffee each day each with a few sugar crystals and a couple of teaspoons of CoffeeMate. Mostly I drink instant (Alta Rica) but when I'm not in a rush I make a cafetiere-ful and drink the lot.
I seem to be immune to caffeine, so I wouldn't dream of using decaff (like offering a junkie opiate-free heroin) and I sleep like a log even after my coffee nightcap (with the very occasional dram of Malt Whisky).
MMMM third mug of the morning coming up!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 09:54 AM

Well done Mick
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
My name is Mick and I'm a coffeeholic! I have about 6 big mugs of Costa Rican coffee each day each with a few sugar crystals and a couple of teaspoons of CoffeeMate. Mostly I drink instant (Alta Rica) but when I'm not in a rush I make a cafetiere-ful and drink the lot.
I seem to be immune to caffeine, so I wouldn't dream of using decaff (like offering a junkie opiate-free heroin) and I sleep like a log even after my coffee nightcap (with the very occasional dram of Malt Whisky).
MMMM third mug of the morning coming up!
....nice one !
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

09-06-2013, 10:50 AM

Just about to have my cafetiere full!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top