Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 11:47 AM

Blackberry

Blackberry have just announced that they are to reduce their workforce by 4,000.
It appears that Apples last release is the camel that has broken the camels back.
There was a guy that mentioned yesterday that Apple will be the next, what do you think?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 04:56 PM

Re: Blackberry

I think mobile phone technology should slow down to let we oldies catch up.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 06:05 PM

I think they need to slow down before anyone realises they are bit like the emperor with no clothes. They are introducing more and more things no one needs.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 07:38 PM

Its fun though.. good job for some though that there's still basic mobiles still available lol
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think they need to slow down before anyone realises they are bit like the emperor with no clothes. They are introducing more and more things no one needs.
That's what I was thinking too Julie, it makes me wonder with so many useless gadgets around, what will the antiques of the future look like, I dont think anyone will bother with any of the smart phones or ugly looking machines they have around now as antiques, just look at some of the ugly spaceships they feature in the films, not like the beautiful gramophones with the polished brass sound horn, or some of the old bakelite phones and radios which, I think, all had a bit of class about them.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 04:18 PM

I was given a Blackberry Playbook (Similar to an IPad) which I only really use to watch films on. But it now appears with Backberry going down the tubes, my Playbook isn't going to get updated or have any apps released for it.

I have never seen the use for an IPhone, they seem to do everything but actually make a phone call. But to me, they just seem to be an expensive pocket games machine. I have a couple of mobiles, which are basic Nokia ones and they do everything I need them to. Why do I need to pay ridiculous and hideous monthly charges for a pocketful of games, which people seem bent on upgrading every few months?

I saw a funny comment on FB which to me sums up IPhones.

"In my pocket I have a device which can delve through the entire sum of human knowledge. Instead, I use this device to watch films of funny cats and to argue with strangers."
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2013, 04:53 PM

How lucky "am" I? I have just been given a Blackberry which is only a few months old, because my daughter has plumped for the latest Iphone.
Now it is learning how to use it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2013, 07:59 PM

Good for you Arthur, the best of luck with it.
I'm losing the little bit I have left, I thought you were going to say your daughter had a blackberry in her pocket that was a few months old and she gave it to you, she prefers plums, hope you didn't eat it Arthur or you'll be up all night with stomach pains.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2013, 03:10 PM

I have never really seen the point in Blackberrys. Yes they have a full QWERTY keyboard but just look at the size the keys have to be to make this possible - they are TINY!!

The wife did own a Blackberry from the start of last year until just before Christmas but when her contract was up she switched to an iPhone and has no complaints after over 10 months of use. She's far more tech-minded than me mind you and I can't say I know how to turn the thing on let alone use it - but she manages with deft.

I am still using an old 2007-ish Motorola "flip" phone which does me fine as all I need it for is the occasional (2-3 times weekly) phone call when I'm out and about and the VERY occasional (2-3 times YEARLY) text message. It is strange though because I am always keen to get the latest version of Windows and the latest laptop but with anything else I could not care less if it was "trendy" or not.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

17-10-2013, 08:05 AM

OB I wouldn't have bothered but for the fact I never look a gift horse in the mouth but I can manage the buttons and I have fat fingers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top