Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 10:59 AM

Re: Sticky mouse disease.

Sometimes happens to me but I have cats. I comb them near the PC. Hairs get into my mouse from the mouse mat and also inbetween the keys on the keyboard. I have to vacumn the keyboard of crumbs and hair often
Sounds like I live in a zoo but you would be surprised how much gunge is around a static area like a PC table. I use the USB at the back of my PC for my mouse and only use the two front ones to put my cam camera for Skype or recharge my MP3 players at the front.

p.s. just told my Son and he thinks your problem is the USB and you should change which port you use often
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Thanks for the replies and links, will give them a go and get back to you. im still of an opinion its of a puter problem but will be glad to be proved wrong .

Re cats and balls Twiz , detention for you young lady. write out one thousand times..

" I must not wind up the Nom when his puters not well "
No!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 02:22 PM

Well tried all that and its still the same.

Twiz your grounded no more Steampunking for you. you must stay in and watch football for a week.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
You can remove the balls from them!
Poor mice.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 03:06 PM

You could run a check on the cpu usage at the time of stickyness. It could well be the computer is working flat out on something and it is hogging all the resources; could be why the mouse 'recovers' after a while.

Press contrl and alt down together and then press the del button to bring up the taskmanager. You will end up with a cpu indicator showing on the right side of your task bar. See if this goes to full green at any time when you are working and need the mouse. You can delve into the Task Manager's innards to help find the culprit.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
You could run a check on the cpu usage at the time of stickyness. It could well be the computer is working flat out on something and it is hogging all the resources; could be why the mouse 'recovers' after a while.

Press contrl and alt down together and then press the del button to bring up the taskmanager. You will end up with a cpu indicator showing on the right side of your task bar. See if this goes to full green at any time when you are working and need the mouse. You can delve into the Task Manager's innards to help find the culprit.
Cheers MKJ, thats something new ive learned, will see what happens and keep this topic informed. Its strange its on 2 seperate computers, both are about half full and have never been restored back to the original settings
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 06:07 PM

Cheers MKJ, thats something new ive learned, will see what happens and keep this topic informed. Its strange its on 2 seperate computers, both are about half full and have never been restored back to the original settings
Sorry, it is hardly likely that both computers would have exactly the same problem - missed the 2 computers part, therefore it is no-doubt down to a faulty mouse after all. If it isn't mechancal (probably is) then it could be the software side of things - such as the mouse driver. Could try updating the driver but it does look more like a faulty mouse.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 07:28 PM

sooner than mess about I bought this mouse for £6-25 just
to see if my mouse was dodgy (it was) and I'm delighted
with this cheapo.....click below

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

09-03-2014, 05:00 AM

Thought i would add an update to this. The mouse problem got worse on the PC, so in desperation i actually reinstalled the software back to the original state, (XP). Then found and installed service pack 2, then downloaded service pack 3 to a USB on my laptop, then installed on PC,lost loads of photos and programmes but i wanted it cleared.

Result still the same grrrrrrrrrrrr. Passing Poundstretcher went in and found an optical mouse for a £1, went home plugged it in sorted,will try the same for the lappy which is not as bad.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

09-03-2014, 11:20 AM

Result still the same grrrrrrrrrrrr. Passing Poundstretcher went in and found an optical mouse for a £1, went home plugged it in sorted,will try the same for the lappy which is not as bad.
Wow, that is cheap for an optical mouse, mind you they are on sale on Ebay for £2-3 too as I bought one the other day.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top