Join for free
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2014, 05:21 PM

Had to re-set my Kindle

As I am away for the next few days I thought I'd try and find a way of playing my Facebook games on my Kindle Fire HDX.
I wish I'd never bothered!!!

I Googled and found a walkthrough how to download Adobe Flash Player. It seem easy enough to follow. First of all I had to download Dolphin browser. THAT was a big mistake. Somehow I picked a wrong option when it was downloaded and lost my Silk browser!

Next was to download Adobe. It was at that point I decided not to bother. In order to download it I had to agree to register with a game site!!

So, unless anyone has any other simple ideas as to how I can play my FB games on my Kindle, then I won't bother.

In order to get my Silk browser back I reverted back to factory settings and started all over again.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2014, 05:46 PM

Re: Had to re-set my Kindle

Its all Greek ta me !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2014, 06:27 PM

Eek! Obviously seemed like a good idea at the time.

Times I've started messing about with something and wish I hadn't. Yesterday evening, decided on the spur of the moment to take my netbook away with me, rather than the iPad. The former has videos on it, and I can play games, and still access my Kindle books, so it will be a multi purpose gadget to take away with me. (So may not come on here, unless I use the iPhone.)

It took forever to start up, kept freezing, but I eventually was able to look at what was on it, and it definitely needed recharging. Then, when I came to power down it needed 25 updates! I had to wait till all that had finished, then leave for a few more hours to continue charging.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2014, 02:23 PM

If you have busted it can I have it?
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2014, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
If you have busted it can I have it?

Nope
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2014, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
Nope
Don't beat about the bush CC: say what you mean!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top