Join for free
View Poll Results: Would you vote to stay or go?
STAY IN THE EU 34 27.87%
LEAVE THE EU 88 72.13%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Page 102 of 131 « First < 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 05:38 PM

Re: EU...IN or OUT?

I still can't decide! Urrrrrggghh!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I still can't decide! Urrrrrggghh!
Now come on TessA.
Every time you are in the forum and see a post of mine.
Look at my signature, and be guided by that!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Now come on TessA.
Every time you are in the forum and see a post of mine.
Look at my signature, and be guided by that!
Shouldn't that read 2016, BC
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I have just been to a steam fair and car rally - traction engines, old cars, kit cars, old tractors, and so on
I expected most of the participants to be eligible for this forum, and probably their pensions as well, but I was pleasantly surprised that all generations were represented.

A brief chat here & there showed that they all wanted to leave the EU and intended to vote accordingly

The construction and use regulations for such vehicles are much more sensible & relaxed than EU countries, where things like kit cars and classic car restoration are virtually unheard of. But it seems the EU cannot leave well alone, and are going to try to introduce their stricter regulations into Britain, which would mean the end of a lot of people's hobby, and the closure of many businesses
Naturally this inforrmation has only slowly and reluctantly been wheedled out, and as you might expect, any formal announcement will be postponed until after the referendum
An excellent example of the mindless regulating done by the EU mandarins. Why, for God's sake, do they need to create regulations for such things as old cars and traction engines? I can see absolutely no practical or economic reasons for it. I can only assume that they are so used to writing rules for everything that they've got so much into the habit that they've just got to do it whether it's needed or not.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Shouldn't that read 2016, BC
Oh! Dear Mags, and well spotted.
I will go and correct that now.
I always did say that you never miss nuthin'
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 08:00 PM

The Outs used to be 4x the Ins, noe they're barely 3x

Worrying.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
The Outs used to be 4x the Ins, noe they're barely 3x

Worrying.
Yes. I can't imagine anyone over 50 falling for the scare campaign and lies.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Absolutely Zuludog, being a member of the EU only benefits big business it is no friend of the common man whatever his nationality, and the sooner the rest of Europe realise this the sooner we can close it down, work together and trade without all of the bureaucracy and rules. Lets make a start here in Britain by voting OUT on the 23rd and hope that the rest follow suit. And why do I keep getting a picture of Richard Branson at the top of the page telling me that we will be shafted if we come out? Bloody traitor!
Hats off though to Sir James Dyson who is on the 'out' side.....Good Man.
So now I'll be able to drive round in a Toyota and keep my house clean with a Dyson vacuum cleaner...........Lets all BUY BRITISH!
Hi

Your Toyota may be British, but your Dyson isn't.

He shut the UK factories and shifted them to Malaysia in 2002.

As for our own Government looking after the country, one of the last things I was involved in.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2...d-within-days/

Can you think of any other Country which puts the whole of it's Military Supplies in the hands of a Foreign Company?

Buying British should start with the Government, sadly we seem to be continuing our trend of selling off everything.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I have just been to a steam fair and car rally - traction engines, old cars, kit cars, old tractors, and so on
I expected most of the participants to be eligible for this forum, and probably their pensions as well, but I was pleasantly surprised that all generations were represented.

A brief chat here & there showed that they all wanted to leave the EU and intended to vote accordingly

The construction and use regulations for such vehicles are much more sensible & relaxed than EU countries, where things like kit cars and classic car restoration are virtually unheard of. But it seems the EU cannot leave well alone, and are going to try to introduce their stricter regulations into Britain, which would mean the end of a lot of people's hobby, and the closure of many businesses
Naturally this inforrmation has only slowly and reluctantly been wheedled out, and as you might expect, any formal announcement will be postponed until after the referendum
Did you make a note of the diversity of creeds, in attendance at that event, although possibly absent, they have a vote too, and are possibly devoid of any English heritage sentiment.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 09:37 PM

In, I'm going to vote IN.....

.....or maybe OUT....

.........or......

Page 102 of 131 « First < 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top