Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 06:04 PM

Re: Could you live without your mobile phone?

I wouldn't be able to make GP appts or order repeat prescriptions online.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 12:04 PM

I would say 95% of younger women who walk past my house are using their phone, either making a call or texting or perhaps something else. What I would love to know is this:

Are their lives really so busy they have to make calls etc in the street or is it a form of protection - to show a would be attacker that they are in touch with someone? A sort of comfort blanket. Maybe it's just something to do?

I'm not having a go, just a genuine question.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would say 95% of younger women who walk past my house are using their phone, either making a call or texting or perhaps something else. What I would love to know is this:

Are their lives really so busy they have to make calls etc in the street or is it a form of protection - to show a would be attacker that they are in touch with someone? A sort of comfort blanket. Maybe it's just something to do?

I'm not having a go, just a genuine question.

I agree, dongle, I see it constantly here as well, especially when the mothers are congregating at the nearby school.

Thing is, I don't see it as protection at all, I think by walking along using a phone, you are asking for it to be snatched in these attacks. That is exactly what these moped attackers are looking for, especially if you are doing it at the kerbside or using a zebra crossing. They just zoom past, grab your phone and are gone in an instant.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 03:32 PM

I think some of them are just plain shy and don't want to catch the eye of anyone about to chat to them, some are also scared to miss anything going on so have to go back constantly tp look if anyone has ticked like on their Facebook or whatever.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 04:00 PM

I never walk along using my phone, its always on me but I don't use it in the street

In the supermarket I may have it out, I will be price checking or looking up a recipe

I don't have alerts set for social media or emails etc, they can all wait till Im ready to deal with them
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree, dongle, I see it constantly here as well, especially when the mothers are congregating at the nearby school.

Thing is, I don't see it as protection at all, I think by walking along using a phone, you are asking for it to be snatched in these attacks. That is exactly what these moped attackers are looking for, especially if you are doing it at the kerbside or using a zebra crossing. They just zoom past, grab your phone and are gone in an instant.
Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think some of them are just plain shy and don't want to catch the eye of anyone about to chat to them, some are also scared to miss anything going on so have to go back constantly tp look if anyone has ticked like on their Facebook or whatever.
Maybe it's a replacement for smoking?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 04:07 PM

Maybe it's a replacement for smoking?

Doubt it, as those sitting in their cars waiting for the school to turn out have a phone in one hand and a fag in the other.
I see the smoke billowing out the car windows.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 04:10 PM

I still do not have a cell phone...so I guess, that I can and do live without one.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

10-04-2018, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Doubt it, as those sitting in their cars waiting for the school to turn out have a phone in one hand and a fag in the other.
I see the smoke billowing out the car windows.
Yuk! Can't believe I used to smoke in the car.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-04-2018, 04:23 PM

Yuk! Can't believe I used to smoke in the car.

I bet it don't half pong for the kids when they get in.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top