Join for free
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 03:02 PM

Re: Petition by Age UK protesting withdrawal of free TV licences for over 75s

Hi

I am nowhere near 75.

If I do reach that age, I will still pay because I can afford too.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 07:55 PM

Just had this Email off Age uk.

Have you seen the news about TV Licences?

It’s been reported that both the governing party and the opposition have said they’ll take steps to keep TV Licences free for all over-75s! We don’t know the detail yet, but this is a huge step forward. It’s thanks to the tireless campaigning of people like you that this has become an issue politicians can’t afford to ignore.

With a General Election coming up, we want to make sure that politicians are talking about all the challenges that older people face – from TV Licences to social care, housing and more. And we want older people to be part of that conversation and have their voices heard.

That’s why we’re organising a General Election rally where senior politicians can talk directly to older people about these issues. Will you help by contacting party leaders and asking them to come?

Our new research shows that millions of older people are living in vulnerable situations, often without the support they need. The next Government could start to change their lives for the better by fixing our broken care system, ensuring everybody has a warm, safe home and saving the free TV Licence for all over 75s. But we need your help to show all our politicians how important these issues are.

If you have a minute, please email or tweet the party leaders today.

Thank you for your support.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 08:25 PM

I suspect it is just electioneering promises! Once in, it will be quietly forgotten.

If ALL of the money raised by the TV Tax is paid to the BBC, the government would have nothing to lose by doing what they say they'll do.

However, I have a feeling that some of it goes straight into the government coffers. How much, I don't know, but perhaps enough to persuade them not to give it up!

Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top