Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 09:52 PM

Re: Scotland the beautiful

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Scotland as I remember was beautiful ,the biggest shock was John O Groats.
I was expecting it to be like Landsend in Cornwall, steep rugged cliffs, but no flat sandy type beach was a real surprise. I went up the 2 years running and did the "sights" and the countryside and have to admit I loved it.
Next time you come up to Groats get the boat over to Stroma, the wee island you can see just off the Mainland. It was deserted a while back and people just left their homes. It's like a time warp from another age and interesting to look around.
I pass through Groats at least a couple of times a month on my way to the Duncansby Cliff walk and the Sea Stacks.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 10:31 PM

Taken a couple of years ago in the highlands.
]
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Next time you come up to Groats get the boat over to Stroma, the wee island you can see just off the Mainland. It was deserted a while back and people just left their homes. It's like a time warp from another age and interesting to look around.
I pass through Groats at least a couple of times a month on my way to the Duncansby Cliff walk and the Sea Stacks.
I would love to, but now we are at the other end of England
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
]
Very dramatic Gasman. I do like a B&W now and then.
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
]
Fabulous photo - love the effect of the B&W
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I havn't been back to Scotland since I had a mini van and slept in that way back in my teens. Camped in Glen Nevis and again below the Campsie hills to name but 2 places.

Scotland as I remember was beautiful ,the biggest shock was John O Groats.

I was expecting it to be like Landsend in Cornwall, steep rugged cliffs, but no flat sandy type beach was a real surprise. I went up the 2 years running and did the "sights" and the countryside and have to admit I loved it.

Even saw salmon leaping over watefalls absolutely amazing sight to see.
Even got the car boat over to Skye, no bridge back then

Those photos bring back so many memories, thank you
It is so beautiful -- keeps you coming back! Love it in all seasons -- mind I have not visited in the Winter!!

Beautiful scenery and photo ops around every bend in the road.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top