Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 09:02 PM

Re: Scotland the beautiful

Originally Posted by Richmond ->
This is a beautiful photo of Loch Linnea - a view I have love and
have often enjoyed.
Thanks Richmond, unfortunately, we both spelt it wrong.

Loch Linnhe
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks Richmond, unfortunately, we both spelt it wrong.

Loch Linnhe
LOL! I can never seem to get it right! Lovely though!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Richmond ->
So pleased I decided to start this Beautiful Scotland post -- you all have
such stunning photos to share.

You don't go to Scotland for the weather - but whatever it delivers its a beautiful place to enjoy.
I honestly believe that if Scotland got good weather it wouldn't be so beautiful. One of the nicest drives I have done was through Glen Etive. It had been raining and water just appeared from everywhere, almost flooding the road but it was so dramatic.

Here's a speeded up video of driving along Glen Etive (not mine) without the added rain.

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 09:10 AM

Glen Etive was often a W/E walk for me and the dogs when I was in Perth all the time. My daughter has one of her dogs ashes scattered there, it was one of her haunts too.....Still is. My favourite Glen is Glencoe, the Misty Glen, and very spooky if your there just as the light goes lol. You can almost feel those murderous Campbells creeping through the place to murder the McDonald Clan.
I like to walk in the the hills around the Kyle of Tongue these days, the dog and I do it at least one Sunday a month, my OH sometimes comes along to and we like ride the horses there.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-06-2019, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Glen Etive was often a W/E walk for me and the dogs when I was in Perth all the time. My daughter has one of her dogs ashes scattered there, it was one of her haunts too.....Still is. My favourite Glen is Glencoe, the Misty Glen, and very spooky if your there just as the light goes lol. You can almost feel those murderous Campbells creeping through the place to murder the McDonald Clan.
I like to walk in the the hills around the Kyle of Tongue these days, the dog and I do it at least one Sunday a month, we often ride the horses there too.
Glencoe is still my favourite, I haven't been around too late in the day but the first time I was there, there were no other people around and yes, it can be very eerie. These days, it can be difficult to park, there are so many people there.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 11:28 AM

Try parking in the village and doing the short walk back up to the road.
TracyG
Scotland
TracyG is female 

25-06-2019, 01:00 PM

This is Colach Bay, just a short walk from my house. It wasn't taken this year, as I'm sure you can guess by the beautiful sunshine

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	13529250_10154900000033765_2413257776580927862_n.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	10004  
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I honestly believe that if Scotland got good weather it wouldn't be so beautiful. One of the nicest drives I have done was through Glen Etive. It had been raining and water just appeared from everywhere, almost flooding the road but it was so dramatic.

Here's a speeded up video of driving along Glen Etive (not mine) without the added rain.

Nice video post - and yes, I totally agree with your comments about
the weather - -no matter how bad it can be it contributes to the 'Mood' of the Highlands. Love it!
Richmond
United Kingdom

25-06-2019, 05:19 PM

Gorgeous photos, Roxy!
Richmond
United Kingdom

25-06-2019, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by TracyG ->
This is Colach Bay, just a short walk from my house. It wasn't taken this year, as I'm sure you can guess by the beautiful sunshine
A lovely view -- another side of beautiful Scotland. How lucky you are
Tracy

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top