Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2010, 12:51 AM

Re: What do you play?

Originally Posted by mart ->
Do you actually play the violin left-handed Cassie? I know that might sound a daft question but I'm a leftie too. Even so, I learned to play the guitar right-handed. It got to feel natural in the end.
No I play it right handed or i'd take someones eye out in an orchestra and it would look odd bowing with the left hand lol My guitar is strung for left handed playing though.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2010, 01:27 AM

Good point about the bow, although I suppose a violinist who did play left-handed could turn around and face the other way, then the bow would go in the same direction as everyone else's.

Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2010, 06:28 PM

Many years ago I saw this bloke playing a guitar,using a violin bow,a slide and a wah wah pedal

His name turns up now and again-Page,James.

Try `dazed and confused` on your local U-tube
uk sandra
Gateshead UK
uk sandra is female 

20-01-2011, 11:51 PM

Five string banjo, fiddle and dulcimer ( and a little bit of mandolin and tenor banjo -).
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2011, 06:49 PM

Hi, I used to play the Bodhran up to about a year ago, we used to play in a local pub, great fun, but alas the drum became too heavy and I dont play out any more, i sometimes have a go on my own to you tube.
annie.
Les
Belfast - Northern Ireland
Les is male  Les has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2011, 04:59 PM

Saxophone.....Nearly forty years now playing!

Les.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2011, 05:42 PM

As I have said before as a youngster I was pretty good on the linoleum
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

21-05-2011, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
As I have said before as a youngster I was pretty good on the linoleum

LOLOLOLOL
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2011, 05:25 PM

I play guitar (badly) and have been strumming around and upsetting everyone's dog in a fifty yard radius for around twenty years or so. I started with classical, moved to blues and slowly migrated over to jazz / jazz-blues fusion. I spent a few years at night school learning it and have been known once or twice in my life to play live (beer permitting). If I stuck at it, I would probably be semi-pro in about 2 years if I really wanted to - but like all things, my interest in it tends to wax and wane and I just enjoy plinking away to backing tracks and I'm content to stay at that level.
AdoraRoy
New Member!
UK
AdoraRoy is female 

17-06-2011, 11:37 AM

I use to play my piano. I love to compose new music ideas in my piano.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top