Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 02:36 PM

Muscle around eye jiggling (Tic)

I think it is called a Tic. Since I had my cataract operations, I have this tic jiggling around just below my eye. It is so darn annoying.

Has anyone ever had this?
What did you do about it, if you did?

I have to sort this out, it is making me flip out....
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

31-08-2018, 02:51 PM

Re: Muscle around eye jiggling (Tic)

I get it when I'm tired.
melfort
borders
melfort is female  melfort has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 02:52 PM

Me too Panda.

Hope it settles down Blue.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 03:11 PM

Yeah I've had the muscle spasm thing from time to time, really irritating but it WILL subside of its own accord.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 03:36 PM

I agree with real, I had it a while back in fact I think I posted in here about it as it was driving me mad, it did however go away on its own. Hope yours goes soon blue it's so annoying x
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 03:40 PM

Thank folks ....I especially appreciate you telling me that it will go away.
I remember reading about it on a forum and I think I commented on it, but I am not sure what forum that post was on. I couldn't find it on here...
I am not that tired, but I am a heavy coffee drinker. I wonder if that is what is doing it. I do have some stress right now, maybe that is causing it...
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I am not that tired, but I am a heavy coffee drinker. I wonder if that is what is doing it. I do have some stress right now, maybe that is causing it...
Well caffeine and stress are 2 of the typical causes of eye twitching. Presume you are getting plenty of good quality sleep as you say you're not tired.

There are varying views on how to relieve the situation. Hot or cold compresses are one. Maybe get a hot water bottle with warm water that you can hold to your face, or a flannel soaked in hot water. Might help relieve it.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 03:58 PM

Hi Blue...I sometimes get a black floater in one eye or the other and it's quite annoying ...but without the jiggling...
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 04:16 PM

Look on the plus side Blue.
If you go into a bar you will always be getting free drinks.

Because the fellas will all think you are winking at them.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Blue...I sometimes get a black floater in one eye or the other and it's quite annoying ...but without the jiggling...

That could be a sign of macular degeneration darlin' - mention to your optician when you next have an eye test.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top