Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 08:56 PM

Re: How many operations have you had?

I've had almost too many to count, let alone remember...but here goes:

Tonsillectomy at home on the kitchen table during the war age 4

My eyes straightened age 5

D & C after a miscarriage age 27 1/2

Tuba ligation age 35

Hysterectomy age 48 plus a second surgery to repair the first, within a week and a half

Gallbladder age 67...Blue, this was when you sent me that beautiful bouquet with Cana Lilies in the centre...
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 09:26 PM

Age 3 mths - scoliosis, in plaster bed for 12 mths

Age 10 fractured leg in two places, in cast for 9 mths

Age 20 tonsillectomy

Age 38 Caesarean - cord around her neck

Age 42 oopherectomy (ovaries removed)

Age 58 removal of lump in ear

Age 61 thyroidectomy + 2 parathyroids removed

Teeth:
Age 12 - 9 milk teeth removed under GA. Boy that was disgusting, I'm sure I spat blood till the cows came home.

Age 20s 1 tooth out under GA, and in 30s 1 tooth out under GA - yeah, yeah, I'm a wuss

Edited
Can't remember age, some sort of electric wire thing (which was earthed on the leg) to remove cancerous cells in the uterus or something like that.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 09:37 PM

I've never had an op. But I did have a GA aged 6 when I had two molars removed at the dental hospital. They almost couldn't wake me up.

They put me to sleep with an injection and the dentist told my mum to be right in front of me so I wasn't alarmed. But I was still awake when my mum disappeared and the curious faces of about 8 or 9 dental students in white coats swooped in and took her place.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 09:43 PM

2009. emergency surgery for diviticular disease as one of the little sacks on the colon had burst( I didn’t know I had the disease until I got terrible stomach pains two days earlier ) and was slowly being poisoned ( peritonitis) had a temporary cholestomy, I was told that if they hadn’t had operated in the early hours of Saturday, I wouldn’t have made it to Sunday,
2010 major surgery again to reverse the first operation, a few days later back into surgery as the stitches in the muscle wall had come open, 2012, surgery again for a hernia op,
I’ve had my share of operations, don’t want any more thanks!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 10:22 AM

Too Damn many and 2 more (that I know of) to come in the future..
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 11:18 AM

Hi

Of my 36, only two have been medical, gall bladder removed and a quadruple bypass.

The other 34 have all been trauma related, from sports injuries as a youngster to later working injuries.

I have had an eventful life.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 10:50 AM

Up until last year, l had never had a stitch, an operation or broken a bone in my life. (I still haven’t broken a bone TG!)

Then on a visit to the doctor (l was dress size 14) he said, l was ‘obese’ or should l say, his computer said l was after he punched in all my statistics etc!
He said, l must lose weight and funded me to go to Weight Watchers, where l lost over a stone.
Yeah, that was great but l feel dieting might be good for you in one way but bad for you in another way!

I had never had any tummy trouble in my life and then it started, bloating, reflux and pain in my right side. The doctor, prescribed PPIs and thank goodness l read a thread on here that Azz started as l am sure l would still be on them now. (I only took one tablet!)

It was diagnosed that l had gallstones and l had to have the first operation and stitches of my life. I read, dieting can contribute to gallstones forming.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 10:55 AM

Only one minor operation. When I had some 'matter' removed that shouldn't have been growing where it was growing.
And I don't mean my brain.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 11:02 AM

Touch wood, I've never had an operation and still have everything I was born with.

The only times I have been in hospital was when I had my son, plus an overnight stay when I had wisdom teeth out once.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Only one minor operation. When I had some 'matter' removed that shouldn't have been growing where it was growing.
And I don't mean my brain.
Ooh, that sounds interesting?

I remember years ago, reading about a woman who had a plant growing in her vagina. It looked like a white fungal type tree and she had to have an operation to have it removed.

When l tell people, no one believes me.... l am not sure why?

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top