Join for free
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 06:09 PM

You have to hear this!!!!

If you were alive in 1957 (this leaves a couple of you out), and old enough to enjoy Rock and Roll, you will probably remember the group, "The Diamonds" who had just launched their super hit "Little Darlin' ". This should bring back a few memories. Ahhh yes, the good old days. I remember it well. Nice to see some things getting better with age!

In 1957, The Diamonds had a hit with "Little Darlin". 47 years later, in 2004, they were requested to perform at Atlantic City ..

This link leads to both performances.

Watch the first one then scroll down for the new one 47 years later.
Be sure to scroll to second performance.

http://www.flixxy.com/the-diamonds-l...1957-2004..htm
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 06:37 PM

Re: You have to hear this!!!!

Wow! that brings back memories.
I loved both renderings but I think the music was to loud in the latest version, but hey, they have lost nothing.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 08:51 PM

Good to look back and remember how it used to be. How the music and the look has changed since then. Still wowing the audience after all those years. Great Stuff.
Daisygee
Oxfordshire, UK
Daisygee is female  Daisygee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 09:00 PM

I don't remember this, but it was nonetheless amazing. Thank you for posting the link.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 09:20 PM

I remember this song (but I am not that old). The Four Seasons also did it, but I think the Diamonds with their second version sounds the best. Thank you Cookiecate for the reminder.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 09:46 PM

I was 12 when that was out, I remember my big Sister was always playing it on the little 'Pick up' (no not her tiny boyfriend, the thing you used to plug into the radio to play the 78's records). I enjoyed hearing it again, both versions. The first chap in the lineup held his age well I thought, thanks CC.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 09:58 PM

That was brilliant, I had a smile on my face all the way through both renditions! I loved that song and much prefer it to a lot of the music of today!

Thanks for finding that Cookiecate ..... I'm away to play it again!
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

07-07-2011, 02:33 AM

WoW ! ! ............. They havnt lost their touch , have they ?

Ta for posting that toe tapping wee link
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 11:30 AM

I am thrilled you all enjoyed it. I must tell you I had a bit of a lump in my throat as well as a big grin while listening. I think it proves that the young ones haven't quite got it all their own way some of todays songs will never be remembered with such love.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top