Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Shelfordian
New Member!
Bedfordshire, England
Shelfordian is male 

24-03-2019, 11:10 AM

Greetings!

I've just joined ... because most online forums (I refuse to say fora ... when we adopt a foreign word into the English language there is no need to adopt irregular foreign plurals rather than giving them good regular English plurals ... so it's forums, stadiums, premiums etc. as far as I'm concerned)

Now, where was I? Oh yes ... most online forums seem to be stuffed to overflowing with people young enough to be my children if not my grandchildren (not that I have any of either ... ) and I have so few reference points in common with either of them.

So, yes ... I grew up watching Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men, Mary, Mungo and Midge, and Trumpton ("Time flies by when you're the driver of a train, and you ride on the footplate there and back again ... ), and replying "Yes" when the Listen With Mother reader asked "Are you sitting comfortably?".

If the preceding paragraph means something to you all, then I guess I'm among friends here (or, at the very least, among people who share my cultural reference points ... )
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 11:26 AM

Re: Greetings!

Welcome Shelfordian

Any friend of Bill & Ben is a friend of mine. Not sure about weed though, she was a troublemaker.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 11:26 AM

Hello and welcome to you "Digger".
Enjoy your time on here.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 12:10 PM

Hello Shelfordian a warm welcome to Over50sForum...

I'm from the "Listen with Mother" era so I qualify as being and "Oldie"

I hope you enjoy the forum...
Shelfordian
New Member!
Bedfordshire, England
Shelfordian is male 

24-03-2019, 12:12 PM

Hey ... can everyone please stop calling me Digger!

The profile form asked me for my nicknames so I thought i had to include something ... that's what people called me at school (well, the polite ones .. ) but I never really liked it!

(I do, however, like the fact that people here seem to take the trouble to read other people's profiles ... )
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 12:55 PM

Good morning (just) Digger matey and welcome.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 01:38 PM

A warm welcome from me shelly.
Sorry it just sounds nicer.
You can scold me if you like.
Have fun.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 01:45 PM

Hello Digger welcome...

I must be one of the only children in history who loathed Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men, Mary, Mungo and Midge, and Trumpton I thought they were childish nonsense
I tolerated Muffin the Mule ...

Lassie was more my style I was clearly a precocuous child...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 01:48 PM

Hi Shelfordian .
Welcome!
Where in Bedfordshire?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I tolerated Muffin the Mule ...
I thought that was a sexual offence or even bestiality..........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top