Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 01:34 PM

Re: Tonics.. Like Metatone And Minavex.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Do you ever take a tonic like Metatone or Minadex that is now called Minavex?
No, absolutely not. Potions and pills won't help your body imho. The vitamins and minerals in supplements and potions are extremely inferior compared to those found in REAL products of Nature. Always always choose Nature. You can not gain health from synthetic Big Pharma nonsense.

Metatone:

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/3916/pil

"There is insufficient information available to determine whether some of the active ingredients have mutagenic, carcinogenic, teratogenic potential, or the potential to impair fertility."

Metatone contains:

11% Alcohol
16.4 mg sodium per 5 ml dose

plus

Sucrose, Glucose Syrup, E123 and Caramel.

Gosh I wonder how this product works ?!!!!!

Like all these snake oil potions, they are merely carriers for sugars which trigger the pleasure receptors in the brain to make you FALSELY think you are feeling better and thus make you more likely to buy more of the product.

If you need such a false "feel good" factor then just eat a spoonful of sugar !

If you have run yourself down, which is likely imho, then just eat plenty of good fruits and vegetables to boost your immune system. There are plenty coming into season again.

Grab yourself a load of :

Pears, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, kiwi fruits and bananas and make a big bowl of fruit salad. Add a little natural yoghurt if you need to but remember that's lots of sugar and no fibre.

Make yourself a large batch of chilli with plenty of garlic, paprika and cayenne pepper and also load it with finely chopped courgettes, onions and chestnut mushrooms.

Buy yourself a bag of unwaxed lemons and a good chunk of fresh ginger.

Cut a lemon into quarters as is, remove as many pips as possible and then blend it all (skin, pith and all) with about an inch square cube of ginger and a little hot water to create a pale yellow milky liquid. Sieve it if you like.

Use this milky nectar like a concentrate. i.e. Use a little in the bottom of a mug, top up with hot water and add a small 1/2 teaspoon of honey to taste. This power packed drink will rejuvenate your body, help detox it and give you plenty of strong vitamins to boost your immune system.

Throw the Metatone away.

ATB as always
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I had Metatone after a bad virus last year. Can't really say for sure if it helped or not though.

I know a lot of people have recommended it to me.
Carol, I am wondering if psychologically it might help?
I feel much better and the stye has gone but that could be purely coincidence?

I think if you’re run down, anything is worth a try... but not alcohol or drugs!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Art, pointless in your case.

You have a very healthy lifestyle.

Which is why you look and act like someone 20 years your Junior.

You do not need Botox or any other of the stupid things about.

You are fun, look at your posts, always funny, and thought provoking.

You are an example of why getting older is not a negative, it is a positive.

You, Rhian, Silver and Sufermom are an example of how much life can be good when we are aging.

It is a great time in our lives, a time to enjoy, not a time to be negative.

No bosses to worry about, the freedom to enjoy every day.

I love it.

Yesterday was a great example.

No need to go to work and be bossed about by stupid Politicians.

Went volunteering and helped out and made life better for two people with Mental Health Issues.

Very satisfying.
Swimmy, You always say the nicest things about me but l don’t think l am that great!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-05-2019, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
The only time I had to take a tonic was when I was a young Girl and suffered with styes,the Doc' prescribed an Iron tonic which had to be sipped through a straw as it made My teeth black..but ..no more styes..and no more tonics...these days if I feel My energy levels take a dip I just cut down on the bad carb's and increase the veg' & protein...seems to work for Me...I'm kind of old fashioned and I still believe 'We are what We eat'
May, It did say on the Metatone pack, that it could be harmful to your teeth due to the sugars in it.

I do normally eat very well but with all the worry, l had lost my appetite and l probably didn’t eat as well as l normally do.
Hopefully, I shall be back on track soon!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-05-2019, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
A glass or two of red wine with dinner every night.
d00d, That sounds like a great idea!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-05-2019, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If it's the stuff I'm thinking of, you used to be able to buy it in an Off-licence. Tried it a few times when was younger but no idea if it worked or not.
Longy, I wonder, if you are thinking of Sanatogen that May said, her mum, drank?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-05-2019, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
No, absolutely not. Potions and pills won't help your body imho. The vitamins and minerals in supplements and potions are extremely inferior compared to those found in REAL products of Nature. Always always choose Nature. You can not gain health from synthetic Big Pharma nonsense.

Metatone:

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/3916/pil

"There is insufficient information available to determine whether some of the active ingredients have mutagenic, carcinogenic, teratogenic potential, or the potential to impair fertility."

Metatone contains:

11% Alcohol
16.4 mg sodium per 5 ml dose

plus

Sucrose, Glucose Syrup, E123 and Caramel.

Gosh I wonder how this product works ?!!!!!

Like all these snake oil potions, they are merely carriers for sugars which trigger the pleasure receptors in the brain to make you FALSELY think you are feeling better and thus make you more likely to buy more of the product.

If you need such a false "feel good" factor then just eat a spoonful of sugar !

If you have run yourself down, which is likely imho, then just eat plenty of good fruits and vegetables to boost your immune system. There are plenty coming into season again.

Grab yourself a load of :

Pears, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, kiwi fruits and bananas and make a big bowl of fruit salad. Add a little natural yoghurt if you need to but remember that's lots of sugar and no fibre.

Make yourself a large batch of chilli with plenty of garlic, paprika and cayenne pepper and also load it with finely chopped courgettes, onions and chestnut mushrooms.

Buy yourself a bag of unwaxed lemons and a good chunk of fresh ginger.

Cut a lemon into quarters as is, remove as many pips as possible and then blend it all (skin, pith and all) with about an inch square cube of ginger and a little hot water to create a pale yellow milky liquid. Sieve it if you like.

Use this milky nectar like a concentrate. i.e. Use a little in the bottom of a mug, top up with hot water and add a small 1/2 teaspoon of honey to taste. This power packed drink will rejuvenate your body, help detox it and give you plenty of strong vitamins to boost your immune system.

Throw the Metatone away.

ATB as always
Thank You, Realist.
I do eat well normally but when you’re worried, you lose your appetite.
I do eat most of the things you suggest, except honey! It’s just as l said earlier, l had no appetite.
Anyway, l am back on track again, the stye has gone, my worry has been lifted.
The alcohol contained in the Metatone is minuscule but I think it’s better than taking the Minavex that contains sulphites.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I remember My Mum getting a tonic wine called Sanatogen I think...now the Darlin Woman had never tasted as much as a glass of sherry in Her Life,but after a couple of glasses of this She was giggling like a Schoolgirl...so funny..but it did Her the World of good and gave Us all a good laugh
That's probably why I liked it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, I wonder, if you are thinking of Sanatogen that May said, her grandmother, drank?
I seem to remember there were several to choose from and they looked like a bottle of beer.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-05-2019, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I seem to remember there were several to choose from and they looked like a bottle of beer.
Maybe, the Metatone does have more alcohol in it than l thought? I have just had to edit my earlier post, as it was May’s mother that drank Sanatogen, not her grandmother as l posted!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top