Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 12:19 AM

Re: My Dad

Hoping for the best for you and your dad lion queen
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 12:37 AM

Lion Queen

make the most of you dads company while you can, I mean it

. Both my parents passed away ,must be at least 30+years ago, and died within 6 months of each other.

I can tell you I still miss them and often look at a photograph I have of them together. Worst time is every Christmas, oh how I miss those xmas dinners with them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 12:43 AM

Sorry about your dad LQ. I hope your dad recovers and that you share more good times in the future x
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Thank you everyone. Ray, that thought has crossed my mind too, i.ll have him running round that ward tomorrow x
Hi lion queen.
Hugs & Thinking of you & dad x
It is an absolutely awful thought to think of our beloved parents suddenly passing, or leaving us at all.
And as i have seen in the posts, some of us have been thru it and sympathise with youre worries.
Try to keep things in pespectve.....
They have taken him off a tablet ect,
he's in the best place for a couple days or so, fingers crossed he'll be home soon & feeling much better x
In the meantime you get as much rest as possible.....you'll need it when he runs you ragged when he's home xx
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 01:41 AM

He's got you batting for him so he's got a good chance of a full recovery.
Best wishes to you both.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 03:33 AM

Lion Queen, I feel so sorry for you. You've had a very rough time of it this past few months and you don't deserve this as well.
All you can do is attend to your dad and look after him the best you can at the moment. Be there for him.
My best wishes to you and your dad. Dementia is an awful disease I've been through three times myself with my parents and my wife's mother too.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 06:13 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad, LQ,
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 07:16 AM

Ah Queenie, my thoughts are with you, hopefully now that they have taken your Dad off the medication, he might pull through ok and have a happy long life with you.

Try not to worry and just be supportive.

Hugs to you and your Dad.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 09:33 AM

There is nothing anyone can say that will ease your fears. For they are based in reality your Dad is getting older and thankfully now they have found he had something they can control. But the fear is real.

As above remember pneumonia it is called apparently "old mans friend" and have to say in my Dad's case it was; he would not of wanted to linger he passed away in 2015 and I miss him ever hour of every day.

My Mom passed away with old age and fragility in February this year after simply taking to her bed water infections were a bane of our lives, but again she passed peacefully at home. I think at that moment my heart hardened.

We all miss them nothing seems the same because nothing ever will be, but you do you best.

Mom's younger sister who had learning disabilities and similar to downs died on Thursday 25.4.19 and again peacefully in hospital following a massive stroke. I actually hoped she would go peacefully as the seizures following the stroke and after effects were horrific to witness, and taking there toll on her every moment of the day.
So the grief ebbs and flows catching me unawares as I plan the funeral. And realise my heart was not as hard as I thought

My message to you is say everything you want to say and hug him every time.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 10:03 AM

Sorry to hear your dad is not very well Queenie. I hope that they will be able to sort his medication out quickly and that in a couple of days he will be on the mend. xxx

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top