Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 03:24 PM

Re: Boris

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I was about to say almost exactly the same thing. When the answer is Boris you have to be asking WTF was the question?
It's curious how many people keep claiming Johnson has a brilliant mind. I suspect he is even dimmer than his sister.

But if you repeat the same lie over and over, it becomes the accepted "truth".
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 04:21 PM

Much as I enjoy watching the Tories implode, I really never thought I would see the day when the likes of Boris is the best they can come up with! As if the UK wasn’t a big enough laughing stock already. Still, hope he comes out on top ( no pun intended!), it will make indyref2 exciting.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Well true to form, the scumbag dinosaurs in the 'nasty party' have eliminated both women from ballot for the next round - so much for equality in the scumbag 'nasty party'.
So how many female Labour PM's have we had UJ???
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 11:38 AM

A Reference from one of his ex employers.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	62437283_10155965576062084_5621105085057597440_n.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	9843  
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
A Reference from one of his ex employers.
Boris must have really got up his nose - but is it true?

I don't mind Boris and I do believe at the moment he is the best candidate on offer. If he makes as good a job of being prime minister as he did when he was lord mayor of London, then IMO he will do OK. Unfortunately, I don't think he will get an awful lot of opportunity - his time will be limited as there will be a general election. However, he is prepared to pick up the poisoned chalice that is Brexit and, assuming he gets to be PM, I truly wish him well.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 12:30 PM

True, He is the best of a bad bunch. When I look at the rest of them I despair. We have so little choice and no choice at all. At least Boris is a Brexiteer and promising to get us out, which is more than the rest of them are saying. I only hope, that now he has agreed to take part in the debate with the rest of them, he doesn't have his usual proverbial foot in his mouth moment as he is prone to do! The other candidates must be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought that they have the opportunity to wound him. If I was him I would have told the rest of them to fight it out for 2nd place (chancillor) and refused to take part as he is 70 points ahead of all of them combined. Oh well, we will see next week..
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 02:29 PM

If he leaves the EU without a deal it will be a disaster .
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
If he leaves the EU without a deal it will be a disaster .
But at least this dragging situation would be resolved, and we could go our separate ways.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Do you trust him?

I have my own opinions, but would value yours.
No.
I would not trust Johnson as far as I could throw him.
He makes a charming, amusing dinner companion and can write a witty article but, for anything else, I’d steer well clear.

I don’t believe he is racist, anti-gay or any of the other charges laid against him recently but even those who know him well or work with him can never be sure who “the real Boris Johnson” is - he is a chameleon who can adopt whatever opinion or point of view that he thinks suits the occasion, either to make himself more popular or for personal or political advancement.
If you suggest to him he is lying or pretending, he will look hurt, baffled and waffle a bit (well, waffle a lot!), often leaving you thinking you have been overharsh in your judgement of him.
I’ve just read Max Hastings’ opinion of him - he took the words right out of my mouth!

I may leave Boris in charge of a Teddy Bears’ tea party and it would be a fun event but put him in charge of running the country? Utter Madness!

Trouble is, he’s very good at getting those who don’t know him to believe in him and, as he seems to be the “party faithful” golden boy, the Tory MPs who are looking to save their own job prospects and win back the traditional Tory voter, who have been abandoning the party in favour of Farage, I expect they will put themselves and their party before their true judgement and Johnson will get through to the final two.
If he does, I think it’s a bit of shoe-in by the Tory membership.

Depressing to think that we will probably end up with the worst of a bad bunch of candidates.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 04:04 PM

-dont want to see him as our prime minister tbh here ' comes across like something from Hogwarts ! he needs a majik wand I say to run this country
but hes stature for a start scruffy never smart 'hair looks like its been thro a hedge - trust I dont -was not trusted when he was with Theresa may ' does anyone know what he stands for in this battle on Brexit...mind changer for my liking !

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top