Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 02:28 PM

Re: Sick & Disabled unfairly treated

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Just pause and think how the population of the UK has changed and the %age of blatant dishonesty that is found in the "New British". The checks now have to be taken.
Depends what checks you’re talking about doesn’t it ?
This is about sickness and disability benefits .
There is no such thing as checking these days.
Take a case such as this .
A long term with a severe mental illness person put onto the new name of ESA where previously another term was used .
Called in for a face to face assessment by a.n.other so called health professional ,let’s say a practice nurse from a.n.y where an employee of the foreign firm Atos , on behalf of the very busy DWP , under the let’s get them off benefits “Fit for work “ scheme .
On the assessment form sent to the DWP ,said assessor declares person fit for work . Benefit stops immediately .
Imagine being left like that . No salary ,no state pension if you’re that old .
The upside is the DWP tell you is you can appeal their decision .
So what does the person with a severe mental illness do ,if he/she understands ?
Hopefully will have someone to complete the process by letter , which is to ask for another opinion and say why you think the decision is wrong .This is called Mandatory Reconsideration and it must be that it’s explained in words and phrases the DWP guide uses for the new person looking at it uses .
The DWP have all documents submitted in the first instance including those written by a GP and psychiatrists over years but you’re told you can send in further evidence . What further evidence do they need other than those?

So now a little bit of money is reinstated to you while you’re awaiting the outcome .
Stressful ? The result could take weeks even months in some areas. This could lead to a distinct chance of the illness spiralling into a crisis situation.

Imagine after maybe weeks of waiting the feeling when you’re told the decision remains the same and why .
Believe me when I say one such letter said “ she says she suffers from Schizophrenia but the assessor saw no signs of this “
Yet the assessor had all the documentation from professionals?

You’re told once again you can appeal the decision .
So reckoning on appeals can take months to be looked at once again you’re in the queue ?
Some unfortunates by this time have lost the will to go on . They could be in such a state they relapse or even take their own lives .
The fortunate ones are those who have helpful people behind them who encourage them to stick it out because at least a doctor and a judge will be looking at this .
This then is the current system whereby gross amounts of money are being spent on these appeals which should never have come to pass .
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
But what could the benefits people do?
They must follow some procedure .
And the family got the money in the end .
The family .
Not the poor woman who died .

As a adult I would be ashamed to gripe about benefits when my mother was dying .
So he used his student loan so what ?

It was HIS Mother .

Really how much is the nanny state supposed to do ?
Youve missed how old mother was . Working age ? So she was ENTITLED to a benefit !
As for PIP do you even know what it’s about?
“So what” you say re this son having to use his student loan .
What kind of a callous mind you appear to have if you approve of this .
I despair of so called experts professing to know about entitlements and crying they would be ashamed to gripe about them if one of their own was dying with due entitlements when terminally ill .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Youve missed how old mother was . Working age ? So she was ENTITLED to a benefit !
As for PIP do you even know what it’s about?
“So what” you say re this son having to use his student loan .
What kind of a callous mind you appear to have if you approve of this .
I despair of so called experts professing to know about entitlements and crying they would be ashamed to gripe about them if one of their own was dying with due entitlements when terminally ill .
No I didn't miss how old his mother was 55
Or his father 50
Or his sister 21
Or himself 30

She may well have been entitled but you really can't expect to get PIP without them doing some sort of check .
And they do check
Why didnt the son / husband /daughter send in a doctors note ?
Surely the doctor would have certified that she was dying .

And yes I have looked up PIP on the government site
I am not an expect but I can read .

And yes if I were a 30 year old man I would not gripe about what my dead mother was entitled too .
( and they did receive albeit too late for the mother .
But would it have truly made a difference ?
Assuming she got the enchanced rate it would have been some £600
Would that have extended her life ?

Was the poor women the only source of income ?
Don't any of them work ?

I may have a callous mind but please Z let's not pretend all this outraged compassion .
Zuleika
North West UK

21-06-2019, 03:38 PM

No I didn't miss how old his mother was 55
Or his father 50
Or his sister 21
Or himself 30

She may well have been entitled but you really can't expect to get PIP without them doing some sort of check .
Why didnt the son
/ husband /daughter send in a doctors note .
And yes I have looked it up on the government site
I am not an expect but I can read .
And yes if I were a 30 year old man I would not gripe about what my dead mother was entitled too .
I would look after her .
Don't any of them work ?
Look Muddy no point discussing with you if you don’t understand the basics of entitlement to benefits and carry on carping about what you would do that this family did not according to your opinion of course . As for a doctor’s note saying the woman was dying ..... the mind boggles . Macmillan was involved I’m sure they know about entitlements for the terminally ill and for your information there are special rules for those re benefits .
This isn’t just one case of dying claimants being called to the phone in this case iirc they were told she was in bed .
In some cases dying claimants in hospital have been summoned for interviews .....or else .
This is appalling behaviour !
Zuleika
North West UK

21-06-2019, 03:43 PM

[QUOTE=Muddy;1730565

I may have a callous mind but please Z let's not pretend all this outraged compassion .[/QUOTE]

Please do not resort to insults Muddy .
My compassion is not false , I see too many defeated by this system set up to attack the long term sick and disabled .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 03:43 PM

Look we cannot expect the government or in this case government clerks who probaby have mothers themselves to dole out public money without doing some checks .

They were all adults in that family .
I am sure they were devastated at their mothers early death.
But the government didn't kill her.
Those who administer these funds didn't kill her .
She died in four short weeks of cancer .

Her benefit is too late for her .
It would not have saved her life
But it will pay back something of her sons student loan

Heavens above what is the world coming too when a family won't even bury their own mother without feeling hard done by .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

21-06-2019, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Please do not resort to insults Muddy .
My compassion is not false , I see too many defeated by this system set up to attack the long term sick and disabled .

Excuse me .
It was you who resorted to insults .
It was you who said I have a callous mind

i am pleased you now have compassion for some but that is not the point in this discussion .
Zuleika
North West UK

21-06-2019, 03:53 PM

Look we cannot expect the government or in this case government clerks who probaby have mothers themselves to dole out public money without doing some checks .

They were all adults in that family .
I am sure they were devastated at their mothers early death.
But the government didn't kill her.
Those who administer these funds didn't kill her .
She died in four short weeks of cancer .

Her benefit is too late for her .
It would not have saved her life
But it will pay back something of her sons student loan

Heavens above what is the world coming too when a family won't even bury their own mother without feeling hard done by .
You’re missing the point . This thread isn’t about your bold , saving lives .

Best if I just leave you with the rules re terminal illness in print to pick at .https://www.mariecurie.org.uk/help/s.../special-rules
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

21-06-2019, 03:55 PM

Just tell me how in this case it could have saved her life ?

No amount of money saves stage 4 stomach cancer .
Zuleika
North West UK

21-06-2019, 03:55 PM

I just edited my last Muddy ,this thread isn’t about saving lives is it ?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top