Join for free
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2009, 10:21 AM

What a pain

Had a text from a friend this morning saying she received an email that looked like it was from me (not from my main email account but my spare Yahoo) on opening it had a link to another site, she did bot go any further.
My friend also said that emails had been sent to all of my Contacts - Only 6 in total - anyway I have deleted all Internet Cookies, changed passwords & am now going to do another Scan.

What a pain!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2009, 11:09 AM

Re: What a pain

Hope you get it sorted, I always worry about these things
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2009, 11:10 AM

Gosh, I wouldn't have thought that was possible for someone to do that Sweep , it just shows what can happen! It's enough to put you off using the Internet when something like that happens! I hope you manage to get it all sorted. I hope it never happens to me It's very worrying what people do.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2009, 12:25 PM

Yikes! I hope you get it sorted Sweep, it just goes to show what can happen and the fact that we need to be alert at all times...
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2009, 12:33 PM

It's no wonder we all get a bit jumpy over these things, is it?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2009, 04:47 PM

Sounds like a virus... try a free virus scan from www.housecall.antivirus.com

or install the free firewall and antivirus from www.commodo.com

...alternatively, get a Mac and you won't have to worry about them so much
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2009, 09:14 PM

[QUOTE=Sweep;11832]Had a text from a friend this morning saying she received an email that looked like it was from me (not from my main email account but my spare Yahoo) on opening it had a link to another site, she did bot go any further.
My friend also said that emails had been sent to all of my Contacts - Only 6 in total - anyway I have deleted all Internet Cookies, changed passwords & am now going to do another Scan.

Hope you are sorted now Sweep. Strange you should post this-I rang my friend yesterday and asked her why she had sent me an e-mail titled Polo Sweets and the content was like a catalogue. Told me she hadn't sent it. I insisted it was from her and I would forward it back to her. Before I could do this she rang and said two more people had rung her about it. It definitely wasn't from her but someone had apparently 'hacked in' to her computer from America She has to do what you've done Sweep and she's sorted now
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2009, 10:14 PM

It happened to me also! A hacker got into my Yahoo mail account and sent an e-mail supposedly from me to all my contacts asking for an emergency loan!! Finally got it sorted, changed password, etc., but what a mess! And very embarrassing!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top