Join for free
Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 02:55 PM

Re: Looks Like Boris has Won Already!

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Just watched Hunt and Boris being interviewed by Andrew Neil last night. How it revealed yet again a real insight into the character of Boris, who will take no responsibility for anything that he has messed up on, who has no grasp of detail on any subject, and who does nothing but divert and obfuscate when asked anything of importance. The man is an absolute walking disaster zone and the country would be dealt a huge disservice should he be voted in as PM.

We really deserve better...
But you have to concede that this makes boris the ideal puppet for anyone who can pull his threads.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Just watched Hunt and Boris being interviewed by Andrew Neil last night. How it revealed yet again a real insight into the character of Boris, who will take no responsibility for anything that he has messed up on, who has no grasp of detail on any subject, and who does nothing but divert and obfuscate when asked anything of importance. The man is an absolute walking disaster zone and the country would be dealt a huge disservice should he be voted in as PM.

We really deserve better...
There are none better. The EU system ensures that all our candidates are fickle and EU compliant.

Boris is no different. He will not be permitted to deliver BrExit.

As a Remaniac you will of course be extremely pleased.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
There are none better. The EU system ensures that all our candidates are fickle and EU compliant.

Boris is no different. He will not be permitted to deliver BrExit.

As a Remaniac you will of course be extremely pleased.
You are wrong Realist, I voted leave and still want to, just not without a deal as I worry for the economy. Johnson is much too gung ho, with no apparent grasp even of the basics of the complexities involved...
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 04:55 PM

There is no deal to be had. The EU will never offer us one. All it will offer is a fake deal that actually keeps us in by all manner of clever means.

NO DEAL is the only way we get to properly leave. You either want out or you don't. Living in fantasy land of some great deal emerging isn't going to see us get out of the EU cesspit.

The ecomony will be hit no matter how we leave. Best accept it and realise that we don't get to leave unless it hurts.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
There is no deal to be had. The EU will never offer us one. All it will offer is a fake deal that actually keeps us in by all manner of clever means.

NO DEAL is the only way we get to properly leave. You either want out or you don't. Living in fantasy land of some great deal emerging isn't going to see us get out of the EU cesspit.

The ecomony will be hit no matter how we leave. Best accept it and realise that we don't get to leave unless it hurts.
Then I guess we will just have to agree to disagree....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 06:29 PM

What if we left but with a comprehensive FTA with the USA ?

Would that satisfy the remainers and we trade on WTO terms with the EU ?
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 07:02 PM

I voted remain but have since changed my mind but I don't think Boris is the right person to lead us out.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

14-07-2019, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I voted remain but have since changed my mind but I don't think Boris is the right person to lead us out.
Doesn't matter who leads us out just so long as someone does
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

I don't know what an FTA with the USA means. But anything with the USA right now should be negotiated as part of the EU and not as a little fish after leaving.

The whole point of having a deal is that we don't have to worry about hostile trading policies by economically aggressive nations. We are inept at negotiating good deals for the UK because the way such negotiations are structured we are likely to have highly paid consultants on our side of the table who swan off to drink champers on their yacht having compromised our future to close shoddy deals. They are unlikely to have any loyalty to the process or any long-term interest in whether it works out for us.

If you look at the way government/parliament is run that is an indication of the shambles running through the system that will be seen in any future negotiations. It is disorganised and full of political fire fighting rather than calm, logical decision making. Egos galore of course.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

Hi

When we leave, the object of the exercise is to get a WTO Free Trade Deal with as many Countries and Trade Blocs as we can.

This where the Politics come in.

We can have a simple WTO Free Trade Agreement with the EU with the Border in the Irish Sea.

The DUP will have nothing to do with this and they currently hold the balance of power in Parliament.

This is then out at the moment.

We can have a Free Trade Agreement with the USA,

The USA wants us to give them access to the NHS and accept agricultural products currently banned here in the UK.

Any Trade Deal will have to be approved by Parliament.

Trump is a protectionist, he is already playing hardball with us.

The USA has formally objected to the WTO about some Trade Deals we have rolled over.

Trump has already refused the appointment of the replacement WTO Arbiters causing a huge backlog in cases.

Any Trade Deal takes years to negotiate, No Deal means no Transition Period, so for some time our Exporting Industries will be at a disadvantage.

Trump does not have a majority in Congress, which must approve any new Trade Deals.

The Democrats have already said that they will block any Trade Deal with the UK until such time as the NI Backstop is resolved.

As I have said, things get complicated when Politics gets involved.

Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top