Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2009, 07:40 AM

Question Time

will you be glued to the screen as the BNP member takes his chair among the panel...?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2009, 09:08 AM

Re: Question Time

No - no need. the blimmin self-regarding, self-feeding media is force feeding us with this topic anyway, so we'll hear all about it, whether we want or not, unless we lock ourselves into the cupboard under the stairs. It's like it's bnp day. Grrr
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2009, 09:48 AM

My personal opinion is that this is a democracy and free speech is still part of what makes a democracy. Although I completely disagree with their policies and doctrine they are a legal political party and as such are entitled to a voice.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2009, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Yola ->
My personal opinion is that this is a democracy and free speech is still part of what makes a democracy. Although I completely disagree with their policies and doctrine they are a legal political party and as such are entitled to a voice.
I agree Yola , I hate everything the BNP stands for but defend their right to speak.

I would also prefer to 'see the enemy' out in the open where they can be challenged rather than to have them hiding in dark corners and spreading their venom unchallenged.

Also agree with DM that there will be no avoiding the topic anyway even if one wanted to , the media will make sure of that...
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2009, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Yola ->
I agree too Yola, . . freedom and free speech, . . that's what millions died for in WW2, . . I've not got a bigoted bone in my body but they're entitled to free speech no matter what the PC brigade says.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2009, 01:17 PM

I agree with you all
I get very cross about the media who behave like kids with ADD - grasshopper minds and OTT reactions
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2009, 07:50 AM

Well it went without too much yah-boo-sucks -but enough to give m Mr Griffin enough rope to hang himself
dinahsmum
SW England

23-10-2009, 09:45 AM

He's so bloody oily he'll slip through it
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2009, 12:18 PM

I feel towards the BNP as you all do but I did feel he was bullied and the whole programme was about having a snipe at him instead of having a normal Question Time programme where they all have a chance to say their bit. I felt very uncomfortable watching it.
dinahsmum
SW England

23-10-2009, 12:20 PM

Maybe this is a situation where the British sense of fair play and politeness should be shelved? Use their own tactics against them?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top