Join for free
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:09 AM

Re: EU Referendum Result - Your Views

wooooHooooooooooo
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:40 AM

When does Britain leave?
When will you all get your new passports?
What happens to all the British living in the EU? Will they have to sell their homes at fire sale values? How will Britain cope with the influx of these refugees?

So many questions but what are the answers? Is there a timetable for leaving? Will there be another referendum to make sure you really mean it?

Will Britain's exit be carried out with the same enthusiasm as its membership of the EU (ie lukewarm, limpwristed leadership)?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
When does Britain leave?
When will you all get your new passports?
What happens to all the British living in the EU? Will they have to sell their homes at fire sale values? How will Britain cope with the influx of these refugees?

So many questions but what are the answers? Is there a timetable for leaving?
Apparently it will take 2 years to leave ... ample time for the government to make a complete cock-up
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:48 AM

I don't think it will take two years to leave,I think They'll want Us out ASAP with a large boot up the arse..Westminster must be reeling...Que sera sera.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:50 AM

This morning I am surprised , delighted and a little apprehensive .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:55 AM

Hi

Farage has said on TV that he cannot guarantee that the £350 million a week will be spent on the NHS and that the leave campaign made a mistake in saying that it could.

Interestingly he has also backed down on the £350 million a week claim, it is now apparently £34 million a day, which is £238 million a week.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:56 AM

It's a victory!

A victory for bent cucumbers everywhere.

Seriously though, I was genuinely shocked to see the result this morning - I thought I had misheard when I switched on the news. Looking at the results, there is a definite pattern. The areas with high immigration voted stay as did the rich areas. The rest of us voted leave.

Interesting to see Corbyn back-tracking on immigration this morning.

I hope our present government will now knuckle down and do what's right for the Country.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Farage has said on TV that he cannot guarantee that the £350 million a week will be spent on the NHS and that the leave campaign made a mistake in saying that it could.

Interestingly he has also backed down on the £350 million a week claim, it is now apparently £34 million a day, which is £238 million a week.
He can't guarantee anything unless he is elected into government so it's a moot point really.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 08:08 AM

With such a close result it's safe to say that we are a divided nation
Nearly half voted to remain
Many exit voters were of an older generation and/or from more impoverished areas and backgrounds (if we are to believe the experts)
Yet it is expected that a younger generation from mostly affluent and privileged backgrounds are going to lead us through the changes
Interesting times ahead
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I read it was about £100 per person per year or less than you pay for a TV licence (not that the rest of the world believes that you actually pay a tax just to be allowed to watch TV)

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top