Join for free
Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 02:05 PM

Re: Labour-the fallout from the referendum.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I know some people chose not to work but look at work on offer ! Perhaps if the elite provided jobs and they could quite easily that didn't leave people worse off than being on benefit, perhaps if we had some genuine jobs on offer they could be encouraged to work.
I went round cleaning pool tables in pubs when I was at college. Poor pay and not particularly interesting, but it helped.

Whether people will accept work depends on their need. If they're happy with handouts, and they are enough to keep them in booze and fags, they'll continue to sit on their fat arses and not bother to work.

As long as benefits are sufficiently generous, there will always be those lazy buggers who will refuse work.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I went round cleaning pool tables in pubs when I was at college. Poor pay and not particularly interesting, but it helped.

Whether people will accept work depends on their need. If they're happy with handouts, and they are enough to keep them in booze and fags, they'll continue to sit on their fat arses and not bother to work.

As long as benefits are sufficiently generous, there will always be those lazy buggers who will refuse work.
I agree but as I said even those jobs are hard to find these days, the copier chap at work all he does is take copies from the copy room to people's desks was telling me he had to have a degree for his job ! A degree ! They are so choosy now they can ask crazy things.

We had only one rule don't sign on, that concentrated their minds enough that and if they are not working they come in with me and clean loos that again makes them think.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree but as I said even those jobs are hard to find these days, the copier chap at work all he does is take copies from the copy room to people's desks was telling me he had to have a degree for his job ! A degree ! They are so choosy now they can ask crazy things.

We had only one rule don't sign on, that concentrated their minds enough that and if they are not working they come in with me and clean loos that again makes them think.
Whether work is available or not is another matter. Also, I suppose it varies from region to region.

The simple thing is, if no work is offered at the Job Centre you are entitled to receive the Dole. If work is offered, you take it whether you like it or not. There's always the possibility of applying for other jobs at the same time, or even a chance of promotion.

That's how it was in my dad's day, anyway. You took what you could.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Whether work is available or not is another matter. Also, I suppose it varies from region to region.

The simple thing is, if no work is offered at the Job Centre you are entitled to receive the Dole. If work is offered, you take it whether you like it or not. There's always the possibility of applying for other jobs at the same time, or even a chance of promotion.

That's how it was in my dad's day, anyway. You took what you could.
I agree with that jbr if there I work it should be taken.

Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top