Join for free
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 08:20 PM

Brexit: Do you feel lied to?

Many in the country feeling betrayed and lied to - do you feel the same?

Leave campaigners spoke a lot about NHS spending and immigration before the EU referendum. Here's what they're saying now.
Video: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36690072
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 08:26 PM

Re: Brexit: Do you feel lied to?

Both sides lied. We never learn.

APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 08:36 PM

It has happened, we just have to suck it up TBH.
It will come right in the end , I am sure.
We will have some pain and hardship but at least, hopefully, we are out from under the EU and people we have not elected.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Many in the country feeling betrayed and lied to - do you feel the same?

Video: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36690072
Yes I do particularly by the Remain campaign whose scaremongering was beyond belief.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 08:41 PM

Yeah - lied to by the EU. Betrayed by the EU. Kept in the dark by the EU.

The list goes on and on .
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Yes I do particularly by the Remain campaign whose scaremongering was beyond belief.
Yes I also by the remain camp and by Obama , I didnt think for one minute that the NHS would be getting all the money,I mean if they got all them Millions what was the rest of the country going to do .

I think a lot was read into it and twisted , and i think its time the remain camp accepted the fact .Its getting boring hearing the same thing repeated over and over again..
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Yes I also by the remain camp and by Obama , I didnt think for one minute that the NHS would be getting all the money,I mean if they got all them Millions what was the rest of the country going to do .

I think a lot was read into it and twisted , and i think its time the remain camp accepted the fact .Its getting boring hearing the same thing repeated over and over again..
Agreed. Boring. Both sides lied. Do we really need to keep through the same old rubbish?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 10:08 PM

The more serious issue is how did we ever arrive in this dire position?

It was Gordon Brown who ushered through the Treaty without giving the people a choice, without giving them a referendum. Lots of people demanded one, and plenty of MPs demanded one, but Brown ignored them.

Without our knowledge, without any attempt to inform us, educate us and make us properly aware of what he was about to do and how it would affect us for the rest of our lives, he pushed ahead with the Treaty. This was the travesty. In that act he banished sovereignty, he banished the UK parliament and Westminster, he banished the Labour, Liberal and Conservative parties, General Elections and ultimately banished democracy itself. Had we stayed in the EU, all of those things would have disappeared . . . forever . . . with no chance of ever restoring them.

As a population we have to ask, how could a fat politician or PM ever wield such power to dictate such monumental changes to the country without a public vote? That situation HAS to be changed and done so immediately and those that have done this to the UK should be brought to trial and possibly tried for treason.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 10:19 PM

No I don't feel lied too but then I didn't take most of what was said from either side literally it was only supposition.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 10:27 PM

The numbers have never added up, now there is a convenient reason to substantiate it, maybe.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top