Join for free
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 04:40 PM

Re: MPs to vote on Brexit

We do not live in a democracy. We are sheep. We voted by a majority to leave the EU. The peoples' vote means nothing obviously, so why the hell do we bother. It seems the only way to achieve what 'the people' want is to indulge in physical violence on the streets of our once proud nation.

Democracy as far as I can see, is DEAD. When will we ever learn that nobody takes any notice unless there is violence ! It is a fact of life I'm afraid. It is time that we 'laid back' non-violent people did something physical. Don't for pity's sake just talk about it DO IT. A so-called democratic vote was taken and there was a 'winner', so for god's sake allow the people to have what they voted for.

As zuludog said, if MPs don't do the right thing and vote for Article 50 like the people want and have voted for, then there will be severe unrest and people will fill the streets, that is if they've got the guts to do that ! Move over Zuludog, I want to be at the front !

Democracy ???? What a load of cock !
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 04:53 PM

What was it Mark Twain said.
“If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.”
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Just because he is doesnt mean rest of party is or will do it.
It appears that in practice the Corbyn Labour Party will follow his lead, and the Non-Corbyn Labour Party won't.

There are virtually two distinct bodies now, aren't there?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by GillyT ->
We do not live in a democracy. We are sheep. We voted by a majority to leave the EU. The peoples' vote means nothing obviously, so why the hell do we bother. It seems the only way to achieve what 'the people' want is to indulge in physical violence on the streets of our once proud nation.

Democracy as far as I can see, is DEAD. When will we ever learn that nobody takes any notice unless there is violence ! It is a fact of life I'm afraid. It is time that we 'laid back' non-violent people did something physical. Don't for pity's sake just talk about it DO IT. A so-called democratic vote was taken and there was a 'winner', so for god's sake allow the people to have what they voted for.

As zuludog said, if MPs don't do the right thing and vote for Article 50 like the people want and have voted for, then there will be severe unrest and people will fill the streets, that is if they've got the guts to do that ! Move over Zuludog, I want to be at the front !

Democracy ???? What a load of cock !
I'm not a radical, but I do tend to agree.

It has happened in other countries, and not only in third world tin-pot states either, so watch out the powers-that-be!

People think that a revolution would never happen in laid back Britain. I hope they're right, but you never can be sure!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It appears that in practice the Corbyn Labour Party will follow his lead, and the Non-Corbyn Labour Party won't.

There are virtually two distinct bodies now, aren't there?
Im not entirely sure i get emails from local party who seem blindly oblivious to the mps but support corbyn then i get others from our mp supporting mps but not so glowlng about corbyn. Its all a bit confusing for an old lefty like me.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Yes, I suppose that it is right that Parliament should discuss and authorise the triggering of Article 50, but cynics such as myself can't help thinking that this is just another attempt by The Establishment to delay or interfere with Brexit

There was an unambiguous vote to Leave, and if Parliament refuses to approve such a clear mandate there will be rioting in the streets, and I will be first among them
And me!!
And Gilly!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-11-2016, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Im not entirely sure i get emails from local party who seem blindly oblivious to the mps but support corbyn then i get others from our mp supporting mps but not so glowlng about corbyn. Its all a bit confusing for an old lefty like me.
Mr Magoo put up a picture from Punch recently showing some people re-arranging the Labour benches in Parliament such that, instead of facing the Tory benches, two halves of them were facing each other.

That was in the 1960s. Nothing changes!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 06:03 PM

Hi

Yep, very sensible, a group of old fogies rioting, faced by an armoured, well trained Police Force.

Absolutely stupid idea, especially as you may well find that those you are confronting also voted for brexit.

It will solve nothing and just give propaganda to the Remainers.

A dignified, coherent protest strategy is far better.

Millions on the streets in a silent, calm, dignified protest specifically targeted at those Mps who vote to block Brexit.

Refusing to serve or provide services to those MPs who vote against the Referendum result.

That scares them, because there is nothing that they can do except start the violence themselves, which will lead to massive condemnation.

It isn't the most violent who wins in a fight, it is the smartest.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 08:42 PM

Why should there be civil unrest of its decided we should remain in Europe ? This would be bad losers from the leave brigade, there was only a very small margin in the votes to leave / remain, a lot of people say they didnt realise what they were voting for , many did not vote at all. Both sides lied & misled people. we should all be told more fully what the odds are& be given the chance to vote again,Britain is already starting to feel the effects of life outside the EU, as businesses start to pull out & the pound falling
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-11-2016, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Refusing to serve or provide services to those MPs who vote against the Referendum result.

That scares them, because there is nothing that they can do except start the violence themselves, which will lead to massive condemnation.
What would scare them infinitely more would be people voting for someone else - anyone else!

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top