Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 02:53 PM

Re: BREXIT: The Facts Behind EU Propaganda

**Can we not turn this thread into a discussion about what is or isn't 'a meaty topic' please, if you wish to discuss this please start another thread thanks

Asia
Inner Mongolia, China
Asia is male 

23-11-2016, 03:10 PM

I suppose everything is an opinion before it happens and until it happens it’s a conspiracy theory. Didn’t people know what would happen in Venezuela under Chavez? Didn’t those cheering for Mugabe in Zimbabwe realise what happens in communist dictatorships? Did the Snowden and Assange revelations come as a shock?

The Chinese Daily, Russian Pravda and the Eastern Europeans who lived through dictatorships, which is all communism ever was, are all warning you of cultural Marxism and progressivism. I didn’t leave because I had an opinion; I left because like many others, I already knew. The majority sat back and waited for things to get better, but they never did and they’re going to get a lot worse.

I missed the austerity measures, the unemployment queues and the food banks and didn’t lose a house, because I chose to rent. Those choices were not based on opinions. Frankly, I’ve never watched ‘Come dancing’ and I’ve no idea when Kardashian last had her hair done. What I do know a little about are ideologies. It’s part of what I get paid to know. Where they come from, how they’re presented and who and what lies behind them.

Realist gets the nearest, yet it’s not just an opinion you’re fighting Realist, it’s an ideology and it’s not just simply a matter of walking away from it. We who work, travel and pass through various societies know what is happening.
The decline of religion, dumbing down education, mass immigration and welfare, mass media indoctrination, huge drug addiction problems . . . it didn’t happen by accident and right across the western world, at the same time.

As Meg says, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea and perhaps some don’t want to know, which saves me explaining it all and that’s fine by me too
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Asia ->
Hi Meg,
Yes, I’ve read some of the posts, but what no one has yet picked up on is what is behind all this.
And I found those quotes from EU supporters very enlightening too. More people ought to be aware of how those self-centred fascists really think.

Thanks for the post.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The only change we have is to vote UKIP in as far as I can see. No other party is going to trigger Article 50
Oh, I don't know. I still live in hope that May may.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Asia ->
it’s not just an opinion you’re fighting Realist, it’s an ideology and it’s not just simply a matter of walking away from it. We who work, travel and pass through various societies know what is happening.
The decline of religion, dumbing down education, mass immigration and welfare, mass media indoctrination, huge drug addiction problems . . . it didn’t happen by accident and right across the western world, at the same time.
This much I realise Asia. What we see before us is merely the front and trappings of ancient rivalries, ancient wars between those who stay in the shadows. I would hazard a guess that this stems all the way back to Egyptian times and beyond. Ordinary people are of no interest to them whatsoever save until such time as they become a nuisance, and unfortunately, I strongly expect our sheer numbers have now become a nuisance which is why they attack us from all angles, our food, our water, illnesses, drugs and treatments which actually harm us.

I will hear everything you have to say if you will spare the time.

I am curious as to why you chose Mongolia/China as your place to be. Is that not an equally dangerous place?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
.... I believe that we should base any actions on what we see now,
rather than what might happen in the coming years.
With great respect, Twinks,
I hope the Australian government does not think that way.
I would like to hope that they are weighing-up all possible scenarios with Europe and with the USA and making contingency plans.
Better than being caught with one's pants 'round one's ankles.

I doubt if either the USA or Europe will impact on us too much now - regardless of what happens..
So much of our economy is now linked to the rapid growth across Asia.
China of course, but Indonesia, India and others too.
Cattle, sheep, grain, minerals - even seafood and wine - all booming.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 05:05 PM

Asia, I'm not sure what you mean by 'cultural Marxism' -
particularly any threat which it poses to Western developed countries.
Could you expand ?

Now, 'Realist' ....
Originally Posted by Realist ->
.... every candidate put before you is but a purposely placed elite stooge who will further their one world government agenda...
Who, pray tell, are "they" ?
Without some super-villain conspirator under every rock,
I don't see any group of fallible humans ever being able to wield the sort of nefarious global power you suggest.
And I have sought the evidence - but found it wanting.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
With great respect, Twinks,
I hope the Australian government does not think that way.
I would like to hope that they are weighing-up all possible scenarios with Europe and with the USA and making contingency plans.
Better than being caught with one's pants 'round one's ankles.

I doubt if either the USA or Europe will impact on us too much now - regardless of what happens..
So much of our economy is now linked to the rapid growth across Asia.
China of course, but Indonesia, India and others too.
Cattle, sheep, grain, minerals - even seafood and wine - all booming.
Hi

You are quite right Pummy, little affected, unless the South China Sea thing kicks off.

There will remain very close cooperation with the UK and USA, all part of Five Eyes, Trump will not be rocking that boat.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 05:26 PM

Hi Asia I found that a refreshing and very different article.

There is so much of the same rehash of one sided view of Brexit it was becoming boring to me personally

People tend not all, to be taken in or believe all that is written in the press. British newspapers.

I live in an E U country that tends not to be obsessed by the Brexit debate although I am British. It is happening and for most other countries they just want a smooth transition.

I also do not witness the ridicule by politicians, press and public that seems to me to be a tad obsessive in the UK.

My initial reaction or what I thought was initially everyone's first reaction was a smooth transition. So why still the obsession?

My views will not be popular as witnessed in the past.
Pumicestone
Australia

23-11-2016, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
...My views will not be popular as witnessed in the past.
You're not on your Pat Malone there, Goldie

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top