Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 11:41 AM

Supreme Court Brexit Ruling: Government Must Consult MPs Over Article 50

Well done the Supreme Court judges, enshrining the supremacy of Parliament over the executive!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...%3D25952803_uk
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 01:10 PM

Re: Supreme Court Brexit Ruling: Government Must Consult MPs Over Article 50

Well UJ, it was expected anyway wasn't it? The judges have made their decision and we have to accept and respect that decision.
I was very pleased however that they threw out the hopes of devolved Scotland, Wales and N.Ireland's bids of having a say in Brexit. I can imagine the Fish woman must be spitting feathers this morning. I was more worried that it would go their way than I was about Parliament having a vote on something that they had already voted for!!

Never mind, onward................
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 01:13 PM

Well what else did we expect? The judges are, after all, part of the Establishment

The Referendum gave us a straightforward, unambiguous majority decision. Since then the Remainers have done everything they can think of to overturn or subvert that result

In my opinion they are simply using procedures to delay Brexit as much as possible, and have indicated that they will continue to do so
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 01:14 PM

I note that Labour have said they will not vote against A50 but will apply 3 amendments.
The Lib Dems useless leader Tim Farron has said his party will vote against A50. Good luck there you Moron.
As for the House of Lords? if they vote against the will of the people, they can kiss their cushy lifestyle goodbye because it will be a surefire cull of the House of Lords.
The SNP will be tabling 50, yes 50 amendments. Idiots!!

It changes nothing! we are leaving, with restrictions on the movement of people, our laws decided in this country again and trade with the rest of the world ourselves without being told we cannot. so bring it on you treacherous lot...................
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 01:36 PM

Brexit is still in the bag.

Vote to Parliament and that doesn't do it and it will, a General Election. She has no opposition, when she wins it, she will have the overall majority and deliver it then.

I know someone who dallies around the House of Lord's and they've been saying for some time it's a foregone conclusion.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Well done the Supreme Court judges, enshrining the supremacy of Parliament over the executive!!!
They were doing nothing of the kind Joe - they were asserting the supremacy of their corporate bosses over the clearly stated wishes of the people. To these people, democracy is just a tool for them to use when it's useful to them and discard whenever it goes against their interests.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 01:49 PM

I've had Brexit fatigue for several months, now little feeling on the subject other than if and when process of the UK withdrawing from the EU it's done in a timely manner.
Silbee
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
They were doing nothing of the kind Joe - they were asserting the supremacy of their corporate bosses over the clearly stated wishes of the people. To these people, democracy is just a tool for them to use when it's useful to them and discard whenever it goes against their interests.
You so nailed that ...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 02:19 PM

I don't think Theresa May was in favour of Brexit, but she recognized it was a democratic vote of the people, so good for her! All those who cared about this decision, did vote, and the majority wanted to leave.
People who have been trying to stop Article 50, to satisfy their own needs, are making the British government look as though they can't rule this country, and if the majority of MPs vote against A50, they will be demonstrating, to the rest of the world, that this is not a democratic country that is run by the peoples wishes, via voting.
Whether we stay in or leave the EU, if this country now fails there will be only one group of people to blame......
those who opposed the result of a democratic vote![
Silbee

24-01-2017, 02:25 PM

http://tinyurl.com/gt7xewl

The Government hasn't hung around, they're implementing the next step of the twelve point plan...

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top