Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 05:18 PM

Re: Supreme Court Brexit Ruling: Government Must Consult MPs Over Article 50

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The thing is JBR, that we are very fortunate to be able to live in a Country where anyone can take the Government to Court.

It is another layer of protection, which from time to time is needed to protect us from the excesses of our Politicians.
I agree. I am not against that, but what I do not like is the fact that we have unelected judges who are apparently accountable to no-one.

Can anyone assure me, and prove their assurance, that these Supreme Court judges have no personal interest in whether or not Brexit should go ahead as indicated in a democratic referendum?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
i agree. I am not against that, but what i do not like is the fact that we have unelected judges who are apparently accountable to no-one.

Can anyone assure me, and prove their assurance, that these supreme court judges have no personal interest in whether or not brexit should go ahead as indicated in a democratic referendum?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
What are you all moaning about? You got what you wanted power back in the hands of the British Judiciary and Parliament isn't that what you all wanted? Of course the Government can always appeal to the European Court of Justice.

** laughing so hard at my own joke it actually hurts
I hope you die laughing
It's been an embarrassment for the government, nothing more, and by sour grape Remainers who had the twisted idea of delaying the will of the people whilst claiming to represent the rights of the people by challenging the government's authority to act on behalf of the will of the people.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
http://tinyurl.com/gt7xewl

The Government hasn't hung around, they're implementing the next step of the twelve point plan...

That’s good news Silbee. We need a government with balls to take on the tough negotiations with the EU ahead of us whilst the elite of this country whom, until the referendum came about, had become so used to running the country with a contempt for any or all who disagreed with their elitist views and way of life, are now making every attempt to usurp the will of the people who have already voted to leave. She has a tough time ahead of her.

Like many of us, I am also weary of the table tennis arguments that take place on here regarding Brexit.
However, I cannot help but seethe at the blatant attempts of so many of those who pretend to be the Saviours of Democracy when to the majority who voted to leave can plainly see, this verdict by the Supreme Court by 11 establishment figures is just the tip of the iceberg of what is on the horizon, with many trying to block our decision to leave, by any means.

It is obvious what their aim is, regardless of the saintly spiel they spout out. Their pious pleas to be understood by us that they are doing this in the name of democracy for the people of Britain is frankly laughable.

Yes, the majority of these treacherous state they will not interfere with Article 50, “”We have heard you” they say, “The people have decided”, ….but we all know what they are really saying. We intend for nothing to change! to remain in the single market, to continue to have freedom of movement and those who don’t count in their elitist la la land (us) to still be under the boot of the EU with all the red tape, regulations and ruling over us with regard to our laws and economy. In other words, still remain in the EU in all but name, thus making the vote of the majority of the British people who said ENOUGH!, an inconvenient and insignificant stumbling block to their own way of life, caring not a jot for the people. After all, when did the EU hardships ever affect them?

One only has to look at the usual suspects to see the contempt in which they hold the will of the people. These are the same people that the money in our pockets have put them where they are to today. Their thanks…. To plot to remain in the EU and persuade the people to vote in a second referendum as though the democratic vote to leave never was. They have obviously learned well from their paymasters in the EU. Keep voting until you vote how we want!

Out of the woodwork comes Tony Blair and his crew, hellbent on stopping Brexit.

And now we learn another cockroach has reared his head….
Richard Branson , who is putting the money up (A plonker who doesn’t even live here anymore, living instead on an island paradise where he rests his weary head every night)
With his own motley crew, namely
Gary Lineker
Bob Geldof
Peter Mandelson
Nick Clegg
Jamie Oliver
Kate Beckinsdale

And no doubt many more Lily Allen types who are deluded enough to believe they have found their new calling and under the illusion that because they were once A list celebrities and prominent Politicians, they believe we will listen to their word because they know best, even though they are now B List celebrities and has-been politicians.

But......if Theresa holds her nerve and doesn’t blink first, I truly believe she will stick to her word and get us out with the deal we want.
It will take guts because she is getting S..T thrown at her from every angle. We will soon see if she has the mettle to do as the people have asked of the government.

Good luck Theresa, I still have full faith in you as long as you stick with the people that voted to leave.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
That’s good news Silbee. We need a government with balls to take on the tough negotiations with the EU ahead of us whilst the elite of this country who until the referendum had become so used to running the country with a contempt for any or all who disagreed with their elitist views and way of life, are now making every attempt to usurp the will of the people who have already voted to leave. She has a tough time ahead of her.

Like many of us, I am also weary of the table tennis arguments that take place on here regarding Brexit.
However, I cannot help but seethe at the blatant attempts of so many of those who pretend to be the saviours of democracy when to the majority who voted to leave can plainly see, this verdict by the Supreme Court by 11 establishment figures is just the tip of the iceberg of what is on the horizon, with many trying to block our decision to leave, by any means.

It is obvious what their aim is, regardless of the saintly spiel they spout out. Their pious pleas to be understood by us that they are doing this in the name of democracy for the people of Britain is frankly laughable.

Yes, the majority of these treacherous state they will not interfere with Article 50, “”We have heard you” they say, “The people have decided”, ….but we all know what they are really saying. We intend for nothing to change! to remain in the single market, to continue to have freedom of movement and those who don’t count in their elitist la la land (us) to still be under the boot of the EU with all the red tape, regulations and ruling over us with regard to our laws and economy. In other words, still remain in the EU in all but name, thus making the vote of the majority of the British people who said ENOUGH!, an inconvenient and insignificant stumbling block to their own way of life, caring not a jot for the people. After all, when did the EU hardships ever affect them?

One only has to look at the usual suspects to see the contempt in which they hold the will of the people. These are the same people that the money in our pockets have put them where they are to today. Their thanks…. To plot to remain in the EU and persuade the people to vote in a second referendum as though the democratic vote to leave never was. They have obviously learned well from their paymasters in the EU. Keep voting until you vote how we want!

Out of the woodwork comes Tony Blair and his crew, hellbent on stopping Brexit.

Richard Branson , who is putting the money up (A plonker who doesn’t even live here anymore, living instead on an island paradise where he rests his weary head every night)
Gary Lineker
Bob Geldof
Peter Mandelson
Nick Clegg
Jamie Oliver
Kate Beckinsdale

And no doubt many more Lily Allen types who are deluded enough to believe they have found their new calling and under the illusion that because they were once A list celebrities and prominent Politicians, they believe we will listen to their word because they know best, even though they are now B List celebrities and has-been politicians.

But......if Theresa holds her nerve and doesn’t blink first, I truly believe she will stick to her word and get us out with the deal we want.
It will take guts because she is getting S..T thrown at her from every angle. We will soon see if she has the mettle to do as the people have asked of the government.

Good luck Theresa, I still have full faith in you as long as you stick with the people that voted to leave.
Well said.

Quoted in full as I think it's worth reading twice!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by morticia ->
i hope you die laughing
It's been an embarrassment for the government, nothing more, and by sour grape remainers who had the twisted idea of delaying the will of the people whilst claiming to represent the rights of the people by challenging the government's authority to act on behalf of the will of the people.

that’s good news silbee. We need a government with balls to take on the tough negotiations with the eu ahead of us whilst the elite of this country who until the referendum had become so used to running the country with a contempt for any or all who disagreed with their elitist views and way of life, are now making every attempt to usurp the will of the people who have already voted to leave. She has a tough time ahead of her.

Like many of us, i am also weary of the table tennis arguments that take place on here regarding brexit.
However, i cannot help but seethe at the blatant attempts of so many of those who pretend to be the saviours of democracy when to the majority who voted to leave can plainly see, this verdict by the supreme court by 11 establishment figures is just the tip of the iceberg of what is on the horizon, with many trying to block our decision to leave, by any means.

It is obvious what their aim is, regardless of the saintly spiel they spout out. Their pious pleas to be understood by us that they are doing this in the name of democracy for the people of britain is frankly laughable.

Yes, the majority of these treacherous state they will not interfere with article 50, “”we have heard you” they say, “the people have decided”, ….but we all know what they are really saying. We intend for nothing to change! To remain in the single market, to continue to have freedom of movement and those who don’t count in their elitist la la land (us) to still be under the boot of the eu with all the red tape, regulations and ruling over us with regard to our laws and economy. In other words, still remain in the eu in all but name, thus making the vote of the majority of the british people who said enough!, an inconvenient and insignificant stumbling block to their own way of life, caring not a jot for the people. After all, when did the eu hardships ever affect them?

One only has to look at the usual suspects to see the contempt in which they hold the will of the people. These are the same people that the money in our pockets have put them where they are to today. Their thanks…. To plot to remain in the eu and persuade the people to vote in a second referendum as though the democratic vote to leave never was. They have obviously learned well from their paymasters in the eu. Keep voting until you vote how we want!

Out of the woodwork comes tony blair and his crew, hellbent on stopping brexit.

Richard branson , who is putting the money up (a plonker who doesn’t even live here anymore, living instead on an island paradise where he rests his weary head every night)
with his own motley crew, namely
gary lineker
bob geldof
peter mandelson
nick clegg
jamie oliver
kate beckinsdale

and no doubt many more lily allen types who are deluded enough to believe they have found their new calling and under the illusion that because they were once a list celebrities and prominent politicians, they believe we will listen to their word because they know best, even though they are now b list celebrities and has-been politicians.

But......if theresa holds her nerve and doesn’t blink first, i truly believe she will stick to her word and get us out with the deal we want.
It will take guts because she is getting s..t thrown at her from every angle. We will soon see if she has the mettle to do as the people have asked of the government.

Good luck theresa, i still have full faith in you as long as you stick with the people that voted to leave.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 05:55 PM

Gary Lineker
Bob Geldof
Peter Mandelson
Nick Clegg
Jamie Oliver
Kate Beckinsdale
You're right about Branson
He's bankrolling a campaign for a Second Referendum ( he's chipped in the princely sum of 25k so far).
The outfit is called UK-EU Open Policy Limited and was incorporated last year 19 October 2016. (Previous company name: UK-EU Open Policy Resolution LTD)
Already sounds dodgy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:14 PM

Hi

People voted for Brexit for different reasons.

Immigration from the EU was never an issue for me, simply because we can reduce it and control it already, it was a nonsense to claim that we have to leave the EU to do so.

France evicts tens of thousands of Roma and even whilst they are in France, does not pay them Benefits, not a peep from the EU.

We are the mugs.

I have no objection to paying into the EU, I take a pragmatic view, it is fine as long as we are making a profit in overall taxation rems.

My issue was with Merkel, Juncker and the ECJ, I am not having people who we have no control over telling us what to do.

We should be in charge of ourselves, we cannot continue to be ruled by others, especially when they make the rules to suit themselves.

If our useless bunch of Politicians since Blair came to power had had the guts to say enough is enough, we would have no need to leave, instead they just rolled over and gave up, resulting in the corrupt France/Germany/Luxembourg Circus which the EU has now become.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You're right about Branson
He's bankrolling a campaign for a Second Referendum ( he's chipped in the princely sum of 25k so far).
The outfit is called UK-EU Open Policy Limited and was incorporated last year 19 October 2016. (Previous company name: UK-EU Open Policy Resolution LTD)
Already sounds dodgy.

You mean the Customs defrauding tax exile?
He could not possibly have an ulterior motive. Could he?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
On the contrary I am not moaning
As I see it the judges were just doing their job and in spite of those poor losers who tried to prevent the will of the majority of voters in the referendum being adhered to we are one step closer to triggering article 50 in March .

Climbing out of a cesspit was never going to be easy but we are on our way
We are not climbing out of one, we are falling into one.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top