Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 06:06 PM

Society continues it's downward slide into total madness

Society continues it's downward slide into total madness.

Fearful of bias, Google blocks gender-based pronouns from new AI tool.
And
British town council to have a vote on whether Father Christmas is a man.
And
'Trans-species' woman has spent $60,000 to transform herself into a dragon
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 06:16 PM

Re: Society continues it's downward slide into total madness

Oh gawd here we go.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 06:25 PM

Is Rees Mogg really an alien?
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 04:23 AM

[QUOTE=MrFraggle;1580592]Society continues it's downward slide into total madness.

---

In the statement: All men are created equal...well, okay, but I'm not a man. In the statement: It is appointed to man one time to die and then comes the judgement...That doesn't apply to me because I'm female. etc.

In all places were man or men is used to signify everyone, how would guys feel if man or men was replaced by woman or women.

In the US where the "all men are created equal" was not true because men of color were not included. They couldn't vote, and it was supposed to apply to women too, well, women could not vote either at the time.

Until a person has experienced the negative impact of gender and race bias, one does not usually understand the need to eliminate the biases.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 06:44 AM

[QUOTE=Sage;1581000]
Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->

---

In the statement: All men are created equal...well, okay, but I'm not a man. In the statement: It is appointed to man one time to die and then comes the judgement...That doesn't apply to me because I'm female. etc.

In all places were man or men is used to signify everyone, how would guys feel if man or men was replaced by woman or women.

In the US where the "all men are created equal" was not true because men of color were not included. They couldn't vote, and it was supposed to apply to women too, well, women could not vote either at the time.

Until a person has experienced the negative impact of gender and race bias, one does not usually understand the need to eliminate the biases.
What?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 08:14 AM

How totally ridiculous!

Google are pathetic.

Santa/Father Christmas/Saint Nicholas - is definitely male - and should remain so.

Dragon woman obviously has more money than brains!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 10:36 AM

Men and man has been used to represent the entire human kind for ever. I don't have a problem with that really would be too difficult to change it to something else.

Person changing into a dragon ? I blame the surgeons the person needs mental help IMO

I had my say about Mrs Claus in the Mrs Claus thread, no problem with it if it's done right.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Dragon woman obviously has more money than brains!
It wasn't on the NHS then? That's OK.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Is Rees Mogg really an alien?
Is he not just a twat?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
Three things denote society's slide into total madness? Really?

I doubt the 1.4billion Chinese will be terribly affected by a vote about a female Santa in a small Yorkshire town

...nor will 1.3 billion Indians will be tearing their hair out because someone spent $60000 on cosmetic surgery.

As for Google all they seem to be doing is ensuring that the AI doesn't assume a person's gender by stereotyping something which happens all too often in 'society'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top