Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 05:12 PM

Re: Gentleman Jack.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
One or two have curdled me milk shakes too.

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 04:25 AM

Don't get too hung up on the sex stuff...actually she was a really astute strong business woman.....I hope that comes across in future episodes...it really was a man's world back then and she has to be innovative to survive I hope that comes across.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
I watched it but can't say I was riveted,still I'll give it another look next week...Suranne Jones was a perfect choice for the part though.
Suranne Jones has done a lot of good things since she escaped from Coronation Street. So has Sarah Lancashire.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
It doesn't appeal to me at all.
I'd decided not to watch it.
I'll follow this thread with interest...
It doesn't appeal to me either, Ruthio.

This story has already been told - 2010 - with Maxine Peake as Ann Lister. I wonder why they have made another version?
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It doesn't appeal to me either, Ruthio.

This story has already been told - 2010 - with Maxine Peake as Ann Lister. I wonder why they have made another version?
I read about that earlier version just this week, but I don't remember watching it.... I don't know why.
Or maybe I did and just forgot about it?
It does ring a very, very, very vague bell.

However, people are always making different versions of things!
Pyxell
South of England

23-05-2019, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Suranne Jones has done a lot of good things since she escaped from Coronation Street. So has Sarah Lancashire.
Very true! And a few other people as well!
Mavis is another. Thelma Barlow has proved she has a stonking comic talent...she was brill in Dinnerladies, and several other things!
Also Anne Reid, although she left donkey's years ago.

It's interesting how some people were in Coronation Street for life!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:03 AM

I have just watched it, l loved the setting, the costumes, the way it was filmed but didn’t like the rest, one bit.
I didn’t like it, when Suranne would turn to the camera and address us, the audience.

I must be so naive and without trying to attract crudeness, what on earth, was she doing to the woman from behind in the bed?
Maybe, it might be best to send me a pm?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:51 AM

Hi

I have not seen it, been too busy,

If there are any graphic sex scenes, please let me know.

I would hate to miss them.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

I must be so naive and without trying to attract crudeness, what on earth, was she doing to the woman from behind in the bed?
I wondered that too Art!
Pyxell
South of England

24-05-2019, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Maybe, it might be best to send me a pm?
Originally Posted by carol ->
I wondered that too Art!
The actual mechanics are beyond my remit, so I just made assumptions.
Obviously one was giving 'pleasure' to the other, and there are a few ways you can do that!

I wouldn't want it to become too graphic, though, just as I don't like any sexual shenanigans on TV being too graphic.

Thank God for the fast forward button!

I'm trying to remember how graphic Tipping the Velvet was, but I can't remember, so presumably it wasn't overly so, or I might have remembered. (Unless the FF was working overtime! )

But as a previous poster said, let's not get too hung up on the lesbian side of things, because Lister's story, in the context of the era, is fantastic!

She was a farmer and industrialist and business woman, she travelled all over Europe, she climbed mountains, she designed a lot of Shibden Hall herself, and she kept very detailed daily diaries, in code!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top